Chapter Twenty

^Bria in her outfit that I describe👇🏼^

_________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
_________________________________

I stood outside my dorm room. But I wasn't looking at our door. I was looking at his door. Carter's door. If only he were still alive. If only the that jerk hadn't had killed him. If only he was my Guardian.

Laughter snapped me out of my thoughts and I swung around. My nutritionist was twirling her yellow wheat strands around her finger, before throwing them over her shoulder. The laugh had come from her, then I noticed a girl next to her. Bria.

She wore knee-high boots, with heels that would have me swaying around like a drunken sailor. But she strutted like she was straight out of a Victoria's Secret runway. She had the perfect figure. Clearly shown by her too-short dress, that still managed to look classy on her.

None of the two noticed me until they were about three metres away. My nutritionist eyed me, shifting her folders in her arms. Bria wasn't looking at me, but I felt like she knew that I was there. Why was she ignoring me? Some fifteen year olds, man.

They kept walking, and, at one point, I thought Bria was going to tag along to the session with my nutritionist. But she didn't. She took a swift turn, saying a polite goodbye to Wendy before pulling out a key. Her room was next to mine. But before. Not after. Not Carter's.

When I looked at her, she stared back, her lips pulled up into a sly smirk. Why was she acting shady? What had she done? An infinite amount of possibilities clouded my mind as I watched her find the lock without even looking at it. And then the door swung open.

I felt like I recognised him. But he wasn't looking at me.

"Where the hell have you been?" He nearly yelled. Bria jumped, her eyes ripping away from me, where they met the boy I thought I knew. She relaxed somewhat, leaning away from him, her body facing me so that I could see her eyes roll.

The boys tanned hand grasped onto her wrist and tugged her inside. Just before he shut the door, his eyes met mine. He froze.

"Sky?" That name again. People that say it must know me. That's how I knew that I'd met this boy before. But where?

He took a step forward. "You remember me right? I nearly attacked you when we found you.." he trailed off, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. I frowned.

"I'm Jonah." And then it came back. All of it. Or most. In little snippets across by vision, like most things did these days.

"Aren't you Jameson's 'weakling'? Sky, right?"

He was tanned, had brown hair and the same went for his walnut coloured eyes.

There were three other guys stood at the edge of the table.

"Well, where is he?" A blonde haired guy asked me from where he stood.

The guy next to me chuckled and whipped my back with his hand.

The guy next to me nodded then stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Jonah,"

That was the first time that I had met Jameson's friends. That was also the first time that Jameson and I had shared a bed. Oh, how things change. Most of Jameson's friends had become irrelevant, whilst Harry became a rapist, and Jameson became—unforgivable. It's all lighthearted stuff, really.