Chapter Sixty

^ our queen!! ^

________________________________

H o l l o w s   I n
T    I    M    E
________________________________

Days after that all blurred into one. One big rollercoaster. And Halloween was approaching quickly.

I had managed to avoid Alexi around every single corner, asking Jameson to not only keep his eye out for threats, but to keep his eye out for Lexi. I couldn't face her yet. But it didn't matter, because I was closer to Avery, Bria, Cassie—and even Saph—than before. When I wasn't with Jameson, I was with the girls. Avery kept her promise and we all managed to meet in the middle to patch things up with Saph, though I'm sure that her opinions on Bria haven't changed.

Toby and I see each other a lot, without any rhyme or reason—conversing in the corridors and such. Nothing major. Jameson evidently wasn't too keen on the relationship, but he kept his distance a lot, trying not to invade my personal space by implicating my decisions.

And then there was Jace Clark. I could say many things about him, I just don't think I'm allowed to say most of those things. He knows more about me now than ever, and I think that makes therapy easier—for both him and I. Jameson is glad that the therapy is going good, though he seems to suspect that a relationship is forming. I told him that he is looking for faults in the good.

My dietician? What dietician? Ah, that's right; Jameson and I sacked her last week. We both agreed that she was annoying—and her roots were showing. Well, that's not quite how it went, not since I now weigh seven stone and five pounds. But it's an approximate answer.

And then there's Jameson. Suddenly I'm done explaining my life.

Someone shoved a piece of paper in my face and I jolted back. I took the paper and read it. It was a poster for a Halloween party/fright-night.

"We're going." Saph said, resting her head on the palm of her hand as she leaned into my vanity. I didn't respond and instead finished reading the details.

"I don't have anything to wear." I complained as Cassie rolled over a gym ball—which, by the way, came out from absolutely nowhere.

Cassie swan-dived to the floor. "Go as yourself." My jaw hung low as Cassie crashed to the ground, erupting into a fit of giggles. The girls joined in with her laughter as I tried not to smile.

"I'm being serious!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

Avery smiled. "Well then I guess we'll have to take you shopping." She proposed, and I pretended to think about it. Then I nodded.

Saph clapped her hands together. "Let's go then!" She announced. We all got up from where we were sitting and started to pick up all our things. We were all at the door when we realised we were missing someone.

We turned around slowly, only to see Cassie sitting cross-legged on the carpet next to my bed.

"Uh, Cassie?"

"Sh!" We all clamped our mouths shut, even if we weren't about to talk. "I'm trying to find it."

I cautiously walked over to her. "What are you looking for?" I asked.

Her eyes remained shut, but she said, "The fucks I give." For a moment, I don't think we knew what to say. Then we burst out laughter. Amongst this, Cassie finally opened her eyes and shrugged.