Chapter 3

Thank you to @artlover8 for this beautiful cover art!!^

Chapter 3
• • •

When we arrived at the cafeteria, she brought me right over to her lunch table that she sat at every year. Another girl showed up as well.

She had long, curly brown hair that perfectly complimented her golden-brown skin. Her eyes were brown and she gave off a very welcoming vibe.

"Hey, I'm Savanah," she said in a really laid back tone.

"Crystal," I replied and sat down. All lunch we just talked and I got to know them a lot better.

Savanah seemed very cool and super chill, in contrast to Scarlett's preppy and hyper self. Scarlett told Savanah about my encounter and she was just as surprised as Scarlett was.

After lunch, we went our separate ways (after exchanging numbers of course). When I got to fifth period I look around at my class.

I recognized that one of the boys who was in the group with Ashton was there. When he saw me his face lit up and he waved at me.

I looked behind me to make sure that he wasn't smiling at someone else, but there was no one else there. I walked over to him confused.

"You're the girl from the hall! That was pretty sick by the way," he said, digging through his bag for a pen.

"Um, thanks..." I said and sat down at a desk a couple away from his. Then he moved seats and sat right next to me. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"The name's Kevin. And you are?"

"Crystal." I replied.

"How about Crys?" he asked and I looked at him.

"Crys?" I asked harshly and he nodded. "No. Crystal," I said then took my notebook out.

"Crys it is," he said as the teacher walked in the room and introduced himself as Mr. Budge.

The rest of the class was also spent learning the class rules and then at the end he gave us some free time to talk.

"So," Kevin began, "how's life?" He turned to face me with a big, goofy smile. It was honestly kind of hard to see him as a player.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Shouldn't you be like hating me or something?" I asked and chuckled.

"Well I think you're cool. We don't all have one mind in our group. We have three." He said and I got confused.

"I thought there were 4 of you,"

"Well I don't have a brain so," he said and we laughed. I guess I was wrong to assume that all of them were as much of a jerk as Ashton.

When the bell rang I looked at my schedule. I had a free period, and I mentally decided to go to the library and use my laptop.

On my way to the library, I stopped by my locker to grab my laptop, and when I closed it someone startled me. I gasped and almost shrieked, then I realized that it was Savanah.

"Wow, okay. I didn't think you got scared that easily," she said laughing and I smiled in relief.

"Well I do. Do you have a free period right now?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Ya. I was just heading down to the library,"

"So was I," I added and she smiled at me. We talked as we were walking to the library.

When we got there we sat at a table. When we started talking again we quickly got hushed by the librarian and giggled. Being around Savanah and Scarlett made me want to keep that happy feeling in my chest.