Epilogue

• • •

"Fucking hell Scarlett, you're gonna rip my hair out of my head," I winced at the aggressive way she pulled pieces of my hair back and all but stapled them to my head with bobby pins

"Beauty is pain, my love, and damn do you look beautiful right now," she told me, finishing up.

She had completely given me a full makeover- from plucking my eyebrows to cutting my crease (whatever that meant).

Savanah just watched on excitedly. Scarlett knew Vanah wouldn't let her do this on her, so she didn't even try.

Slipping into my dress, Scarlett finally let me look at myself as I rolled my eyes.

When I looked in the mirror, I actually was taken a little bit aback. I had never really looked this pretty before.

My prom dress was a deep magenta, which complimented my skin tone perfectly. The back was completely open, and the rest of it complemented my figure rather perfectly.

I know my dad would have loved to see me like this. He always loved when I'd play dress up and act like I was a princess. And boy did I feel like a princess. I hadn't said anything when Scarlett chimed in.

"I know- I know! Tremendous work on my part," she said, excitedly bringing me into a hug while being extra careful not to touch my hair. Both her and savannah looked stunning as well.

Eli and Justin #1 were downstairs waiting for us to be ready, which we now were. Kevin and his date were waiting outside.

Layla was currently engulfed in a bear-hug from Eli and freaking out at him to let go and 'not ruin her makeup or she'd murder him'. It hit me then how happy Eli and Kevin must have been that she was back now, too, since they seemed to have been pretty close- and still are. I chuckled when he finally let go and she started swearing at him.

For never wearing heals, I was pretty good at it if I do say so myself. My hair flowed over my shoulders in lose curls as I walked towards the stair case. Scarlett and Savannah had already rushed down to be with their dates.

When I made it to the top of the stairs, I noticed him standing by the door, having just gotten here. I felt my heart swell as his eyes immediately flicked to mine, his mouth slightly dropping open as he took in my appearance.

I felt like a Disney princess walking down the stairs towards him as he held the box with the corsage. He had closed his mouth by now but still had the same blown-away expression.

"You clean up nicely," I told him. He did look really nice. Like.. really nice. He still didn't say anything as a wide grin spread on his face.

"You look breathtaking," he told me, making me blush like crazy. We held each other's gaze for a few moments while everyone talked.

"Pictures everyone!" I turned around as my mom rounded the corner, coming at us with her camera. The smile on her face beaming. I smiled back.

"I know you don't like pictures, but I swear to god if you don't look like you're having the best time of your life taking these godamn pictures I'll-"

"And there she is," he chuckled, sending me a loving glance. "Only for you."

We did all the usual cheesy poses. To my surprise, he only protested a couple times.

"I don't trust you at all with that thing," he told me as I went to pin the flower on him. I let out a laugh.

"I wouldn't either," I said back, feeling along his coat for where I should poke it through.

"Don't stab me please-"

"Shh you're distracting me," I hushed him, focusing intently. When I did it successfully, I got really excited and looked up into his eyes.

"What?" I asked him as he stared down at me.

"That was adorable," he said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Uh- hey mister!" Scarlett yelled out from across the room, getting Ashton's attention.

"At least wait till we get through some of the dance before wreck the matterpiece, thank you," we chuckled at her.

"Oh, I fully intend on wrecking the masterpiece later-" I let out a shocked laugh and shoved him as he chuckled.

"Ashton!" I turned around to see my mom talking with Justin #1. Thankfully, she didn't hear that little comment.

I gave her the biggest hug as we were all about to get into the limo, not really wanting to let go.

"You look absolutely beautiful," she said, reaching up to touch the side of my face. She immediately took back her hand, though, and looked around. "Don't tell Scarlett I just touched your face."

I let out a laugh and gave her another loving look before we said goodbye and got in the limo.

She had been clean ever since the accident.

The school was still acting like it was the newest scandal that me and Ashton were dating- even if it had been for months. Any time we would show any signs of affection, like holding hands in the hallway, people would freak.

It was pretty funny, actually. I kinda liked it in a weird, narcissistic way. Was that bad? Eh whatever- figured I would enjoy it while it lasted.

Knowing that, you could imagine the looks on everyone's faces as I laid my head on his chest while we swayed to the slow song. I looked up to meet his eyes, before he leaned down and brought his lips to mine.

It was short and sweet- which were kisses I had been getting very keen to. I couldn't help but chuckle at the little bit of lipstick that transferred onto him.

I knew Scarlett had an unnecessary amount of lipsticks that did not transfer, so it made me think that she purposely put on the kind that would transfer in order to see if Ashton would try to 'wreck the masterpiece'.

The night was so magical. It honestly was everything I wanted it to be and more.

Ashton finally was able to gain custody of Layla, and she had even transferred into our school. I spotted her and Justin #2 across the room.

Apparently since Layla had joined class council she was allowed to go to prom, which I had no idea was even a thing.

Noticing they were leaning in to kiss, I quickly spun us so that Ashton would not see them.

"What was that for?" He laughed.

"Nothing," I smiled, bringing my hands up to the sides of his face and giving him one more short kiss.

I wish I could freeze in that moment forever.

Then again, I had thought that many times over the past few months.. so who knows how many more beautiful moments like this lie ahead of us.

One thing was for sure, I'm down for the ride.

"I love you," I told him as he smiled down at me.

"I love you more."

• • •

Tell yourself you're
beautiful this time <3