Chapter 34

Chapter 34
• • •

        My eyes opened slightly, revealing blurred beams of golden sunlight.

For some reason, I felt like I had actually gotten sleep last night. I didn't seem to be in the constant jet lag state that I was always in.

I also felt... happy... and that never really happened whenever I woke up- since I usually woke up from nightmares.

Something smelled really good. I suddenly started to experience a tingling sensation sprout throughout my body.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Ashton. I tried not to freak out as I remembered the day before.

Apparently I moved too much, because Ashton began to stir. He took his arm off of my waist and rubbed his eyes.

A brief moment of utter confusion flashed across his face before he looked at me and wasn't confused anymore.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," I said quietly.

"It's fine," he replied and smiled.

How??

How was it possible for someone to look that good after just waking up?

I seriously don't understand how someone could be that perfect. He still smelt good, too. So I guess he just smells good in general, and this whole time what I thought was a subtle cologne was actually just his scent.

I'm falling too hard goddamnit...

"Crystal..?" He said, his voice husky.

"Yeah?" I asked and smiled. He looked me in the eyes and smiled.

...This is it. this is where he confesses his unconditional love for me...

"You uh, kinda look like a raccoon," he said and laughed.

My heart started beating 100 miles an hour and I tried not to shriek as I pounced off of the bed and ran into my bathroom. This whole time he was laughing at me.

"Shit!" I said as I looked at myself in the mirror. I quickly got out makeup wipes and took off the mascara that was smudged under my eyes.

I walked back out, not looking like a raccoon anymore, but more like the typical potato that I was which was known and loved.

I saw him sitting up on my bed, checking his phone. Damnnn he was hot. He looked up at me.

Just then, I tripped over something that was thrown on my floor and face planted on the floor. I heard him cracking up. I looked up at him and glared.

"Stop laughing!" I said, trying not to laugh myself.

"Okay okay, sorry," he said and I could tell that he was trying extremely hard not to laugh.

I got off the ground, keeping eye contact. He burst out laughing and I let out a laugh.

I walked over and pushed him over while he was still laughing.

"That wasn't funny," I said and laughed.

"It kind of was," he said and smiled as he sat back up.

Suddenly, I realized that my mom had wanted to talk to me. I grunted and flopped down on my bed.

"I don't frickin want to talk to my mom," I said. He started to say something, when my door burst open.