Chapter 36

Chapter 36
• • •

        "Is everything okay?" He asked, genuinely worried as he closed the door and returned to his original spot by his bed.

"Yeah, um... no not really," I said. "I don't have sleeping pills right now, and I can't fall asleep without them.." I explained.

"Shit, that's bad," he said, running a hand through his hair.

"Your probably wondering why the hell I'm telling you... um," I started. I began to fiddle with my hand and looked at the ground. Then I continued.

"Well, um,  that night when you slept over my house, I didn't take my sleeping pills cuz I forgot.. and I still slept better than I ever did with them..." I looked up at him, he was looking me deep in the eyes.

"So like, I guess you make me feel really safe or something? I don't know," I awkwardly continued. "I don't exactly know why I came in here because you probably don't want me to be sleeping with you again but um, yeah.." I finished, looking longingly into his eyes.

We stared into each other's eyes for a while. I couldn't quite read his emotions. He wasn't covering them up, but he was just displaying an emotion that I had never seen him show before.

The silence was ear splitting, but it wasn't awkward- it was something else. I felt tension without anger, and I couldn't quite place a finger on where the tension was coming from.

There I was, staring at him. And there he was, staring at me. Our own little moment in the universe.

I could barely process what happened next, but I was able to understand that it was insane.

In one quick motion, Ashton stepped forward, cupped my face with both of his hands and immediately closed the space between us, planting his soft lips on mine.

He was kissing me with more passion and intensity than I had ever been kissed with before.

For a brief moment I was in shock. I didn't know what was going on. Then it hit me. A sudden wave of electricity that I had never experienced before in my life surged through me.

The butterflies in my stomach burst into flames and my entire body was overcome with an electric sensation. In that moment, he deepened the kiss, making me immobile.

It was fucking magical, bitch..

He quickly pulled away and looked down at the floor as he pulled his hands away.

"I'm, I'm sorry, I shouldn't hav-" he began to apologize.

I cut him off by reaching my hands up to the sides of his face and kissing him back. It took a few moments for him to adjust, but he kissed me back. I pulled away for a split second.

"You should be apologizing for waiting so long," I said and smiled. He smiled back and reconnected his lips with mine.

Our lips were moving with a sync. His hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My hands were in the back of his hair.

He started walking forward, and I went with him, backing up until my back was against the wall. Every inch of my body was absolutely buzzing in every way as I took the feeling of him in.

"Well I apologize for waiting so long, Summers," his voice was deep when he pulled his lips back from mine, his hands still on my waist and pressing me into the wall. I bit my lip as his eyes flicked around my features, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"I have a feeling you'll make it up to me," I replied, feeling my hands up the sides of his neck, and he grinned again before crashing his lips back into mine.