Chapter 46

Chapter 46-
• • •

Stepping into my house felt cold and isolated. My steps echoed through the empty house.

Ashton had brought me to my house so that I could grab all my stuff I needed for the trip. Savanah claimed to know someone who had a place up north that invited us to stay.

A really strange sensation flowed through me as I looked around my house. Often times I'd wished not to see my mother, knowing she'd be a drunken mess. Now, though, there was nothing I wanted more.

I felt Ashton come up next to me and wrap his arm around my waist in a comforting side hug. His protective arm gave me a sense of security I didn't know I needed in that moment, and a tear fell down my cheek that I didn't know was there.

I looked up at him and smiled as I took his hand in mine and led him up the stairs to my room. My eyes stayed locked on my bedroom door as to not look at hers.

My room was surprisingly warm for having not been lived in in a few days. He plopped down on my bed and pulled out his phone as I grabbed my bag and started picking clothes out of my dresser.

"Do you know who's place this is?" He asked me absentmindedly.

"No clue," I answered, looking for my grey joggers. I could never find those godamn joggers..

"Your beds pretty comfortable, I should be in it more often," his voice came out muffled into what I presumed was my pillow.

"I'd say yours is pretty comfy," I replied, my mood lifting as I lightly chuckled.

"Yea but this just feels so much nicer since I know it's yours," he said. "Feels like I accomplished something ya know," he grinned up at me when I turned to look at him.

"You, sir, didn't accomplish anything. I could kick you out any time I pleased," I told him, walking over to him on the bed.

"Is that right?" He asked, sitting up on his side. His playful gaze up at me was really making me feel some typa way.

"Yes, I'll pull some of those moves you taught me in our lessons," I replied, climbing next to him on the bed.

"I'd prefer if you pulled some of the other moves I taught you," he said, mischief in his eyes.

It took a second to click, but when I registered what he was saying I let out a shocked gasp and immediately started laughing.

"Ashton!" I hit his arm and climbed off the bed, making him burst into laughter.

"I want you on your best behavior for the trip," I joked in a mom-voice.

"Define best behavior,"

"Not rubbing it in that we're- involved- too much to your best friend," I finally found my joggers.

"Involved?" He laughed.

"You know what I mean," I chuckled.

"Fine, I promise not to feel you up too much when he's watching," he joked, but I knew he wouldn't actually do anything to make Eli feel bad.

I think..

I went back over to the bed and laid down directly on top of him just for the hell of it, his face under my back. He wasn't having it, though, and flipped us over so that he was lying flat on top of me, my head now buried in my pillow. I could help but laugh as his full weight pressed down on top of me, and my efforts to get him off of me only made him laugh, too.

When he finally rolled off of me, I climbed over him and pinned him down to prevent him from doing that again. He smiled up at me, a genuine smile that made my heart warm.