Chapter 2

Kimberley's POV

After introducing myself to the teacher I followed Nicola to her desk at the back of the class where I was told to sit.

There were a few people already sat down and I felt their eyes follow me to the back of the class but it wasn't something I wasn't used to today.

As we sit down it makes me smile because Nicola obviously knew what I was thinking as she turned to look at me. "The stares will stop soon I promise."

I smiled at her to let her know that I appreciated it and we both get our stuff out for the next lesson, she gets her book and pencil case while I only get my pencil case as I haven't been given a book yet.

Over the last 2 hours, especially during the last hour, I've got to know both Nicola and Sarah really well, Sarah isn't in this lesson with us but I'm glad Nicola is. We worked out that in a few lessons there is all three of us, and in most of the others either Sarah or Nicola will be with me, there's only Maths when I don't have either one of them but it's only one lesson so I'm sure I can manage.

I didn't want Sarah or Nicola getting annoyed because I was kinda pushed on them but from what they have said over lunch and how they have acted they don't feel like that, they seem really happy that I'm gonna be in the same lessons as them, especially the ones where they don't have each other.

"So where abouts do you live?" I turn and give my full attention to Nicola.

"I don't really know the name of streets yet but I know that when I exit school I turn right and walk for about 20 minutes."

We both laugh before she replies. "Fair enough, are you down near the park?"

"Yeah just past there."

"Aww nice, I'm just before that, I'm in the same direction but only a 10 minute walk from school, Sarah's the same but 10 minutes in the opposite direction."

"Wow, everyone's so close."

"Yeah, I'm being picked up from school tonight but I'll walk home with you tomorrow?" I was happy she had offered, I wanted to ask her but I didn't want to seem too full on so I'm glad she did.

"Yeah that sounds good."

Just as our little conversation ends a group of people stroll into the classroom, there's 3 boys along with Cheryl and Nadine. It seems to quieten down as they enter but not too much.

I watch as they all walk in with such confidence, I'm not the only one in the classroom watching them and they must know this however they don't let it faze them in the slightest.

Even though they go over to spare tables, which I assume are their seats, none of them seem to actually sit down on a chair. 2 of the boys are sat on the table facing Nadine who's sat on the opposite table, the remaining boy is stood up messing with the football in his hand while Cheryl drops her bag on the table and looks round the classroom.

I look down at my pencil case before she spots me watching her and I'm about to start up a random conversation with Nicola just so it looks like I'm doing something until I realise that she's walking over in our direction.

I look up at her, because it's kinda hard not to when you notice someone walking in your direction, and her eyes are firmly on me.

The nervous feeling in my stomach comes back but I try not to let it show.

"So you're the new girl everyone's talking about, I thought I didn't recognise you earlier." She perches on the edge of my table, she looks so confident, the type of confidence I don't think I would ever have.