Chapter 27

Kimberley's POV

The whole reason of coming to Cheryl's was because we knew we'd have more privacy than if we were at mine. So far it hadn't really worked out as we had planned.

We had been in for around 10 minutes, time which we'd spent kissing on the sofa before Cheryl's mum had come home making us jump out of our skin. She was supposed to be at work but apparently they had let her finish early today.

We had heard her car pulling into the drive so we had had chance to move into the kitchen and pretend we were doing school work and she didn't seem to suspect anything.

I didn't mind being in Joan's company because she was a nice woman and it was quiet enough for us to actually do our homework, which I know we wouldn't have done if we were left on our own.

Even if Cheryl didn't want to.

I had actually spent some of the time doing my homework but couldn't help but stealing looks at Cheryl, she really is beautiful.

But I'd say the peace and quite lasted for around half an hour longer before Cheryl's brother, Gary, and sister, Gillian, had come home due to their dad cancelling plans.

Since then it had been a lot louder and busier.

Both Gillian and Gary haven't left the kitchen since they got back and I've noticed a change in Cheryl's body language. I can tell that she doesn't like them being here when she's trying to do school work.

They had been friendly when they had come in, I've met them both before but briefly so they had said hi but you could almost see the smirks on their faces as they saw that Cheryl was actually doing work.

They had only been here for less than five minutes and had so far mostly left us alone but from the way Gillian sits on the chair beside Cheryl I don't think it's going to last much longer. She leans over Cheryl's shoulder to look at her work an Cheryl visibly tenses up.

I know that Cheryl and her siblings would do anything for each other if it came down to it but that doesn't mean they don't tease each other and I know that Cheryl doesn't have the best relationship with them because of it.

From what I've heard from Cheryl they don't have the greatest view on school and this view has been with Cheryl in the last but I'm glad it's starting to change. Cheryl is starting to do her work and starting to focus more, even if she doesn't show that in front of her friends, and I don't want her to have any bad attitudes around her that could affect it.

I keep my eyes on Cheryl trying to help her in anyway I can and she locks her eyes on mine occasionally for comfort but trying not to make it obvious.

"Look at the good girl doing her homework." There's an element of laughter in Gillian's voice and I know she's only teasing but there's also an element of truth in it too. I know that Cheryl didn't do her homework before so it's not surprising that people have started to notice.

When Cheryl doesn't say anything in reply, something with I'm impressed that she hadn't retailed, Gillian bumps her on the shoulder and this time Gary takes a dig at her.

"Come on, don't be mean to her, just because she's turned into a nerd." They both laugh and only laugh more when Cheryl finally replies.

"F*ck off you two."

I stay quiet not knowing what to say, this is an argument, if it even if an argument, between Cheryl and her siblings but I feel awkward just sitting her not able to do much. It seems to carry on as Gary keeps pushing.

"That's all you can say? Come on Che- ouch!" At this point my eyes move from Cheryl's to see Gary rubbing his head and Joan hitting Gillian on the side of her head.