Chapter 19

Kimberley's POV

"There's only two minutes till the bell so you can pack your stuff up now and just wait till the bell goes and then you can leave. Don't forget that your homework is to finish the work you've been doing today, I expect to have everyone's book on my desk next lesson so I will be checking."

Me and Cheryl share a look before doing as our teacher said and packing our stuff away.

For the first part of the lesson we had to listen as she explained what we were doing next and then we had spent the rest of the lesson doing our own work.

Me and Cheryl had worked together so we could get the work done quicker but we had ended up getting distracted chatting about what was on our minds so we still had some left to do.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" I've already put my stuff in my bag so I can turn to Cheryl to answer her question.

"No I haven't got any plans, do you?"

There's a hint of a smile on her face as I say I have no plans. "Me either, do you-"

"Cheryl."

We both turn to look at the unwanted visitor and I'm not impressed when I see that it's Hannah.

She barely looks at me before focusing her full attention on Cheryl.

"I was wondering if you'd want to come round later? I haven't seen you in a while."

We both know what her hidden intentions are, there's no way she just wants to see Cheryl. I don't think I've ever seen her not flirting with Cheryl.

I'm not in the mood to hear this.

I don't want to sit here and listen to someone flirting with my girlfriend, nobody would.

But of course people don't know she's my girlfriend, they think she's single and they think she's free to flirt with.

"I'm busy tonight sorry Hannah."

I smile at the bluntness of Cheryl's reply but it doesn't seem to put Hannah off.

"Fine, what about tomorrow? Come on, it'll be fun."

As if like magic the bell goes at just the right time allowing me to leave so I don't have to hear this anymore.

I grab my bag from where it was placed on the desk and stand up. I see Cheryl glance at me as I slip past her but I don't look back once I'm walking away.

I hear Cheryl's voice talking to Hannah as I'm walking away but I'm too far away to hear what she is saying.

I can't describe the feeling that's inside me, I feel sad with a mix of jealousy and a little bit of anger but there's no way I'd ever let it show.

As I walk into the corridors there's way too many people around for me to be able to gather my thoughts properly and act like nothing's happened.

To everyone else I shouldn't be acting any differently just because Hannah is flirting with Cheryl so I have to act normal.

I make my way to the toilets knowing that everyone will be going to the hall to get food so hopefully it shouldn't be busy.