The Phantom Whisperer

Author: MrSanguine

Cover: It certainly is eye catching. The only problem is that the words at the bottom are difficult to read. I suggest brightening the words so people know what it says. Other than that, the cover is great!

Burb: Witty and cynical, Darius Prince is the personal driver for ruthless crime lord, The Kraken. When he's tasked to clean up a grisly murder, the crime scene forces him to consider where his loyalties lie.

One thing leads to another, and Darius finds himself stuck on the grisly path of vengeance, whilst discovering his ties to the paranormal world through an enigmatic shinigami.

For the blurb, I was wondering if you meant to say, "for a ruthless crime lord." Or, "the."

The blurb is written well. It definitely makes the person reading the blurb curious. It's good to have a luring blurb that isn't too long and too short. You made room for imagination and didn't tell the whole entire story in your blurb like some do. Nice job!

First chapter: You describe your character and his emotions very well. I had a good visual of what he was doing. Although, I didn't sense the setting around him. What he did and who he talked to in the beginning was described well, but the reader would also want to know more about his current surroundings.

 The scenes are fair, but you mix up the present in past tenses sometimes. It's common among authors and can be fixed easily. Whenever you get a chance, take a look at that.

There's definitely a lot of tension and action in the first chapter. I love that about a book. You're grasping your reader's attention in each scene. The gruesome parts made me shiver a bit. That's a good thing. The fighting scenes were described perfectly! Overall the story so far is good.