Cursed

Username: adityadd

Cover: There are a couple problems with this cover. The words are difficult to read against the background image. The 'Isn't' is almost lost. The title script font isn't bad but the combination of the blurring and the color choice make it more difficult to read. 

Blurb: Paranormal is a great genre. Writers love writing it, readers love reading it. But both consider it, like most of us may rightly think, fictitious. However, sometimes, our rational minds might just synchronize with this other side, the unknown mysterious side of the world - the paranormal. Then all of the fiction may not seem truly fictitious.

Whether it really exists, or is just another obsession of fanatics, one can't say with absolute certainty. Most of the times we falsely convince ourselves that whatever strange we happened to notice was just a product of our irrational imaginations. But can we say with 100% certainty that it had nothing to do with reality?A fact doesn't leave room for possibilities. Join Louis on a similar journey. Witness her struggle as a lawyer defending a possessed victim which forces her to see what lies beyond the veil. The veil that separates this reality from the other equally true reality. Witness her rationality, as some might say, getting tarnished with unnatural imaginations, when actually, it just enters another realm of possibilities. Walk with her in the unseen world.

I believe a previous critique has already mentioned the trouble with long blurbs. Keep it short and sweet. The heart of your blurb is in the last paragraph. There is a bit of an 'Unsolved Mysteries' vibe to this blurb but it meanders a bit and would grab a readers attention much better if it focused more. 

First Chapter: There were a couple elements of this chapter that need to be smoothed out. The name Louis is somewhat masculine, though having it as the name of your female protagonist is fine as long as you stick to the gender. When referencing 'a lawyers job is to defend his clients' you want to keep the gender 'her, she' etc because these generalities reflect off the protagonist. The first paragraph has a couple perspective shifts that also confuse the gender. Instead of saying 'person on the phone', use Dan's name. It keeps the confusion down. 

Aside from issues of gender reference, there are places where the word order is a little off or the wording itself needs to be tweaked. An example of this is: 'She had to do it or otherwise he'd threaten her to leave her job.' The wording is a bit confusing. Possible fixes: 'She had to do it or he'd fire her', or 'She had to do it or she'd be replaced.'