Life After Death

Author:

@SebJenkins

Cover:

I am having a hard time understanding what's going on on the cover, but I like the awards. I think something simpler and sharper would make the cover and award stickers stand out nicely.

Blurb:

The blurb is neat, simple and right to the point. There's nothing fancy here but it tells me all I need to know in order to want to dive into the story.

Prologue:

Max is running, something is clicking, and I feel it's something sinister by the way the first paragraph begins. Right from the start, I am pulled into the story by the wonderful descriptions. I felt like I was in the pouring rain with Max, breathless and bloody.

When Max feels hopelessness at the dead-end, so did I. I felt frantic and I liked it.

This prologue, though short, is very powerful and vivid. As you read, you get lost in Max's world. You can see him and the zombies that begin to surround him. You have already become Team Max and by the end of this prologue, you are hoping that somehow he has survived and escaped the zombies...but has he?

The cliff-hanger ending is perfect. It certainly made me want to read on and see if Max perished or somehow, by some miracle (does Max believe in miracles anymore?) survived.

Definitely a fabulous start. This is a book I would happily read.