Humans

For this chapter, the song is 'Anything Could Happen' by Ellie Goulding. because anything could happen ;) Comment and Vote if you like what you read. (See what I did there?)

There was no food on their table, absolutely no food.

I know our cafeteria isn't exactly filled with gourmet food but the food was good enough.

So why didn't they eat?

There were five of them, five more beautiful creatures.

Each of them were in couples except the Emmett guy. I wondered if anyone was even good enough for him.

The first couple comprised of a beautiful flawless girl with long dark hair, I had overheard her name today in Biology, it was Bella. Her boyfriend, who was also in my Biology class, was Edward. He had tousled bronze hair and what looked like liquid topaz eyes.

The other couple comprised of a petite girl with dark brown hair who wasn't as tiny as I was but the difference wasn't significant. Her hair barely went past her jaw line as it was cut in a pixie cut that framed her face nicely. Sierra had mentioned that her name was Alice, her boyfriend had honey blonde hair which was some inches longer than hers.

And then there was him, the one guy who I think would actually tower over my father, the one guy who had made me feel so useless with one simple gesture. I've always been a really sensitive person and I do let a lot of things get to me but never like this.

"He was totally checking me out." Sierra spoke as she fixed her makeup in her pocket mirror.

Dylan, one of Ryan's hockey buddies scoffed. "Oh please, get over yourself, his eyes didn't leave his smoking hot girlfriend."

Sierra glared at him. "Whatever." She said pretending not to care. Sierra is undoubtedly gorgeous and is so used to getting all the attention.
Unfortunately, one of the new guys, Edward, didn't even give her a second look. In fact the only girl he looked at was his girlfriend, Bella.

"Doesn't anyone else find it weird that they're all related and all together?" Ryan asked. His arm was slung over my shoulder lazily as he used the other to eat his lunch.

"Tell me about it, isn't that incest?" Dylan asked his mouth full.

Monica scoffed. "Don't be so narrow minded, they're all adopted."

"I would kill to be adopted by Dr Cullen." Sierra spoke dreamily. "Maybe I could be Emmett's better half, he seems to be the only single one there."

Dylan snorted out a laugh. "That's if you can get him to stop staring at Soph. Ryan, man, you better watch out."

"What?" Ryan snapped.

Automatically, we all turned around to look at the table at the end of the cafeteria in time to see the gold eyes of Emmett Cullen quickly looking away.

Ryan clenched his fist. "He better watch himself." He spat angrily.

I leaned into him, "Relax, baby, he was probably just staring at Monica or Sierra." I tried to reason although my heart beat faster at the possibility that maybe, just maybe, he was looking at me.

Don't be ridiculous Sophie! I scolded myself. Why you?

Especially after what happened this morning.

Hasn't he made it clear that you are probably be the last person on his mind.

"She's right." Sierra exclaimed excitedly. "How's my lipstick?" She asked Monica