Like Old Times

Sophie

The minute I walked into the house, I found everyone gathered in the living room.

Carlisle got up to greet me. There was concern in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"And Sophie?" Esme asked.

"She's safe for now." I told her. I still felt uneasy about leaving her alone even if it was only for a few hours.

I knew that we probably scared James off but that didn't mean he wouldn't be back soon.

"Emmett, I'm sorry for not listening to you. I should have taken action the minute James attacked Sophie."

Carlisle apologising to me? That was an odd reversal of roles. Usually I'm the one who messes up and has to apologise to him.

"It's okay, what matters now is that we keep her safe. What are we going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going to ask them to leave once and for all and take James with them."

"And if they don't want to go willingly?"

Bella shrugged. "It wouldn't be the first time we kicked another covens ass." She spoke.

"If she really means that much to you. We're willing to fight." Edward spoke.

I smiled to show my gratitude to my family.
They always stood by me and I would always stand by them.

"But until we take care of the situation. You will have to constantly watch her." I fought the urge to smirk. That wouldn't be a problem at all. "Seeing as to how all of you are in school. Esme and I will take turns monitoring her father and her aunt.

"Thanks." I told them in gratitude.

Alice suddenly got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked

"I'm driving Sophie to school." She shrugged.

"Who told you that?" I don't know where the jealousy and over protectiveness came from but it was there.

I had this idea in my head that Sophie was mine to protect and only mine.

"Well you can't keep hogging her. I want to get to know her too." Alice spoke as she grabbed her car keys.

"But she's my-" I stopped myself. She was my....

What do you call a person who you have strong feelings for that you don't completely understand?
My siblings, Esme and Carlisle looked at me in shock.

Alice gave me a cheeky smile. "Regardless of what she is to you," she spoke in a teasing tone mocking my indecisiveness. "I can tell that we're going to be great friends."

I looked at the others expecting them to be on my side. They all kept quiet.

Jasper got up and patted me on the back.
"I don't think you're going to win this one, brother. She has a way of always getting what she wants." He moved to Alice and planted a kiss on her cheek.

I couldn't help but growl angrily. Everyone laughed.

What they were laughing at? I wasn't sure but it was nice to hear them laugh around me again.