Howl at the Moon

Sophie

"Three hundered and one potatoes, three hundered and two potatoes, three hundred and three potatoes, three hundred and four-"

"That's really annoying, you know." Emmett spoke.

"Three hundred and six potatoes..." I continued. My hands were gripping the bottom of the seat and my eyes were firmly shut as I tried to think of anything other than how insanely fast Emmett was driving.

"I don't like fast cars." I murmured. "Three hundred and six potatoes...."

"What's the point of a human having a car if it can't get them to places faster."

"We don't have cars to get to places faster! We're humans, we have cars because we're too lazy to walk. Now stop making me talk or I will hurl in your pretty little Jeep."

I heard a chuckle escape his lips.

"Three hundred and nine potatoes, three hundered and ten pot-"

"Okay can I say one more thing?" He asked.

"Fine! What is it?" I snapped.

"We stopped moving about two minutes ago."

I noted that the wind wasn't hitting my face anymore. I opened one eye and peeked thinking he was just playing some vampire trick on me but surely, we had stopped moving. The car was in park.

I blushed as I loosened my grip on the seat.

"I think I might have left some permanent nail marks in your leather."

He shrugged as he opened his car door. "That's okay, much worse things have been done on that seat.

I narrowed my eyes trying to figure out what he meant then when it finally hit me I jumped and tried to open the door but to my dismay it was locked. I furrowed my brows checking the handle and confirming that the door surely wasn't on lock. So why wasn't it opening?

Emmett finally opened it from the outside.

"Did you child lock me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hey, I couldn't have you freaking out and jumping out of my car. I would have had a lot of explaining to do when I got home."

I pursed my lips as I jumped out of the vehicle.
I looked around the cleared wood area that acted as a parking lot. Emmett's shiny Jeep definitely stood out among the old and dirty cars, motorcycles and trucks.

A little wooden building stood a few feet away. It looked fairly beaten up but still solid enough. I could hear the 'thump thump thump' of the loud music that came from the speakers.

A sign that read 'Howl at the Moon' sat on top of the building.

I turned to face Emmett.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Beats me."

My eyes widened. "You don't know?"

He shook his head then smiled at my panicked expression.

"Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"

He walked ahead of me and started moving towards the building.

I wondered why he was so free walking in the day time then I looked up and saw that the clouds had covered the sun. Classic Seattle.

I ran after Emmett and caught up to him when he reached the door. When I stopped my heart pounded faster and I was panting.