The Cool Table

Sophie

"Welcome to the cool table." Emmett teased as he pulled back a chair for me next to Alice.

I smiled nervously as I quickly sat down.

Everyone in the cafeteria was staring at me and I couldn't blame them.
I was sitting at the Cullen table.
The Cullens!

I felt intimidated just sitting there being the subject of these miraculous creatures attention.
Other than Emmett and Alice I wasn't familiar with any of them but I wanted to impress them so badly. I wouldn't know what I'd do if any of them didn't like me.

"Er... Hi..." I greeted the beautiful people nervously.

"Hi Sophie." Alice was the first one to greet me enthusiastically before elbowing Jasper in the ribs.

Jasper let out a groan in pain as he set down the book he was reading.

He shot a glare at Alice. Alice gestured to me and Jasper seemed to get the gist.

"Hello Sophie, how are you today." He greeted me.

"I'm fine thank you," I replied politely. "And you?"

"Well I think someone might have broken my rib but other than that, I'm fine." Jasper responded making sure to give Alice one last look before refocusing on his book.

However Alice's excitement didn't fade.

"Sophie, this is Bella and Edward. I don't believe you have officially been introduced." She spoke.

I smiled at the couple.

"Nice to meet you." I told them.

They were siting next to each other directly opposite me.

"So you're the girl Emmett can't seem to shut up about." Edward teased.

Emmett kicked Edward underneath the table.

I couldn't help but smile...
He talked about me around his family.

"It's nerve wracking, isn't it?" Bella spoke.

I rose my brows at her. "E-excuse me?" I didn't mean to stammer but those gold eyes staring into mine were enough to make any one nervous.

She gestured to my hands which were resting on the table in front of me. I didn't realise that they were shaking slightly.

"Don't worry. I know the feeling." Bella spoke. I couldn't imagine how someone that beautiful and seemingly confident could know how I felt.

"Bella was the 'new girl' among us before you came along." Edward explained.

Wow, it's almost like he...

"Did you read my mind?" I asked in amazement.

"Dude, really?" Emmett growled at Edward. But there was a slight teasing tone in his voice.

Alice glared at Edward. "This is why we can't make new friends. You always scare them away with your creepy mind reading tactics." She scolded him.

Edward grinned at her. "I'm the weird one?"

Before Alice could respond, Jasper cut her off. "You're both freaks." He teased as he smiled at Alice.

Alice just rolled her eyes but there was a smile tugging on her lips too.

This was nice.

I was so anxious and scared about meeting the Cullens officially. I guess I had this idea in my head that they would be from another planet or something. But they associated with each other the way any siblings/boyfriend/girlfriend would associate.