The End

Sophie

Have you ever heard people say that their life flashes before their eyes when they go through a near death experience?

Well that's what was happening with me.

Except mine came in the form of a dream and all I saw was Emmett.

Images of him flashed through my mind from the first time I saw him in History class to the time he saved me when I got into the car accident. All the times I spent with him were so vividly clear, his features all the more pronounced, his curly dark hair, those gold eyes, those perfect lips that felt mine for the first time in my room the day he told me what he was. I remembered seeing his skin sparkle in the sun and how his huge muscles would flex with even the slightest movement. The dimples in his cheeks that deepened with the slightest movement of his lips.

I saw him happy, furious, angry... down to the sadness and pain I saw on his face when I told him to leave me alone.

Then there was the last image, the moment I lay dying in his arms. I had practically memorised the shape and dimensions of his eyes as he looked down at me not knowing what to do.

I remember clutching his arm so tightly I think I might have hurt him.
I remember being desperate to tell him that I loved him too. That I was sorry for all the things I had told him.

I remember my life slipping away from me and I remember reaching out to hold my Aunt's hand thinking that at least I would get to join her and my mother.

But that's the thing, I didn't die. Right at that last moment before I finally gave up... I felt life in me.

It sounds crazy... maybe it was just the fact that I saw Aunt Judith come back to life but I don't think that was it.

I felt life... In me.

And now I hear sounds.

I'm not dead! I'm alive.

At that moment my eyes shot open.

"I'm alive." I whispered to myself.

I moved my limbs, starting with my arms as I traced my fingers through the soft cotton sheets then my legs.

"I'm alive." I whispered again in amazement.

I tried to sit up but found that my body was in too much pain so I sunk back into my position.
I looked up at the all too familiar ceilings and let out a sigh when I heard a familiar beeping sound.

I turned to the left to look at the heart monitor which I was attached to. The screen showed the waves of a steady beating heart.

"Hello old friend." I spoke with a smile. It only confirmed that I was in fact alive.

"You talk to inanimate objects?" I heard a soft and familiar voice talk.

I turned to look at the source who sat in a chair not too far from the hospital bed.

I immediately gaped. Maybe I had died and gone to heaven after all.

I marveled at the flawless woman in front of me. From her chalky white smooth skin, to her long, silky blonde hair and her perfect beautiful face, she definitely did resemble an angel.

But I knew well enough that those could only be the traits of a vampire. A Cullen, probably, judging by the colour of her eyes. But for all I knew she could be one of James henchmen and this whole ordeal was just a continuation of my torture.

She eyed me curiously. "So you're Sophie, huh?" She spoke in an uninterested tone. "I don't see what's so special about you. I mean you are pretty but that's all you are 'pretty'."