Thoughts

Emmett

I was seated on the roof of our house overlooking the trees and bushes that covered the expanse of the land.

It's either you fall in love with her or she dies...

I couldn't get my mind off Alice's vision.

That kiss yesterday.... why did I kiss her? And why did I like it so much?

No, I didn't like it. How could I describe it? It was just... different.

I mean I have never kissed a human in my vampire form before, that must be what it was, something different, nothing else.

I can't imagine myself with anyone who isn't Rosalie.

Rosalie....

It's strange, a week ago the minute I would think of her an overwhelming sadness would take over leaving me questioning why I'm still alive because life just isn't worth living without her.

The only thing that keeps me going is the hope that she'll come back, she just has to.
I only kissed the human girl because she was something new, as Edward said, I was only looking for a little project.
She could die for all I care, anything to keep Alice's vision of me falling in love with her at bay.

But I would prefer that she didn't die, she has sort of grown on me, she's an amusing creature.

I heard the sound of ruffling in the bushes and saw Carlisle and Esme appear and speed into the house.

I immediately jumped off the roof landing on the ground with a huge thud, it's a good thing there were no houses for miles.

I sped into the house where all my siblings had already gathered, it seems that they were all just waiting for me.

"How did it go?" Alice asked Carlisle although I was sure she already knew the answer.

"Good." I was surprised when Esme replied instead, that's how I knew something was wrong.

"So when are they leaving?" Bella asked.

Esme looked at Carlisle who sighed before answering.
"They're not."

"What?" I roared.

"Peace, Emmett." Carlisle told me.

"Peace?" I growled baring my teeth. "I will not be at peace until those leaches leave Seattle."

"Technically you are a leach too." Jasper attempted at a joke but I only shot him a glare that could kill.

"James is the only one who has proved to be a nuisance, the other two, Victoria and Laurent seem like practical people. They stated their case and promised to keep their friend in check." Esme explained.

"And you believe them?" I yelled.

"Emmett, everyone deserves a second chance. God knows none of us would be here right now if someone wasn't gracious enough to give us one." Carlisle spoke and I knew he was right, I still remember the day he gave me a second chance at life like it was yesterday.

"Fine but if he goes after her-"

"He won't." Carlisle assured me.

"You might believe him but I do not. You have to lift this stupid boundary rule and let me get close to her for her own protection." I said.

Edward spoke. "You already broke that law."
He gave me a knowing look and I knew he must have read my mind and found out about the kiss.

Carlisle eyed me considering the idea then he shook his head.