Boyfriend points

Sophie

"I think your dad officially hates me less." Emmett spoke as he drove onto another dirt road. We had left the main road like twenty minutes before and now we had been turning from dirt road to dirt road. I was completely lost but Emmett seemed to know where he was going.

"Yeah, you definitely scored some major boyfriend points." I told him.

It was when he didn't respond that I realised what I had just said.

My head shot to face him.
H
"I mean... um... I didn't mean to say that you're my boyfriend-it's just that-"

"I've never been someone's boyfriend." Emmett spoke interrupting me.

I rose a brow at him. "Really."

He nodded. "I was Rosalies 'mate', her 'other half', her husband even but never her 'boyfriend'."

Husband.... I guess I should have known that they must have gotten married with how long they had been together but it still felt weird. I had this selfish desire for Emmett now and the thought of him being married to someone else was really unsettling. He didn't seem to notice my sudden change of mood.

"Even in my human life, girls were nothing but playthings to me." He continued.

"I won't call you that if you don't want me to." I spoke hurriedly feeling embarrassed for even bringing it up.

He took a hand off the steering wheel and it rested on mine.
"No. I like it. It's different.... but it's a good kind of different."

I studied his face which was staring straight ahead at where he was going. His dimples slightly deepened in his cheeks to show that he was smiling but I don't think that he even realised it.

I held on to his hand never wanting to let go, always wanting him to have that smile on his face.
This inexplicable part of me just wanted him to be happy all the time.

I didn't even notice that the Jeep had come to a stop.

Emmett turned to look at our hands. He seemed to be amused by the fact that I wouldn't let go.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded with a smile. "Never been better."

He returned the smile though I'm sure he couldn't possibly understand what it meant

The sound of thunder is what got my attention. I looked out and saw the whole Cullen family out by the clearing in the woods doing their own random things.

"Since when do vampires like baseball anyway?" I joked.

Emmett got out through the drivers side and sped to my door. I still hadn't gotten used to his vampire abilities. We were around other humans so much he rarely used them.
He opened my door for me.

"It's the American pastime. Plus,
there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the
only time we can play. You'll see why." He spoke.

I reached for my baseball bat but he stopped me.

"You won't be needing that, trust me." He told me as he put his arms around my waist and lifted me out of the vehicle.

"I'm not playing?" I frowned.

"Trust me, you won't want to." Emmett spoke.

Before I could say anything else, Alice and Bella sped to us. They were dressed in white -obviously expensive - sports clothes. I found it odd when Emmett showed up at my house wearing white but now I saw that it was sort of uniform.