Being followed

I successfully managed to dodge all my friends all day which wasn't easy considering I had almost all my classes with them.

What sucked the most was having to see Ryan's face or hear his name and remember why all this was happening. The only thing that kept me from going mad were the answers I would get from Emmett today.

The excitement was almost enough to make me forget.

I walked out to the car park and silently cursed when I realised that I had no ride home.

I guess walking wouldn't be too bad, I might get home a little later than usual but it's not too far away.

I headed out the school gates, the thoughts of what Emmett might tell me ran through my mind.

What if I didn't like the answers he would give me, I mean I did see a corpse, would I really want to get involved in that?

I was getting cold feet now. Maybe believing that I'm crazy will be easier than knowing the truth.

I felt my heart beat faster.

I barely know Emmett, why am I trusting him so much? The fact that he shows up every time I'm in trouble could mean that he's some stalker serial killer.

I gulped, he broke my grandfather's table in half, that should be enough to intimidate me. I mean, look at me, I can barely take on a seventh grader, what more a guy as big and strong as Emmett?

But there was something still pulling me towards him, a part still desperate to know the truth, still desperate to understand.

The sound of bushes ruffling brought me out of my thoughts. I jumped a little in fright.

I turned around and there was no one there, the street was completely empty, they're very few houses in this area so cars hardly ever use this road.

An uneasy feeling passed through me as I got the feeling that I was being followed.

My hand dug into my pocket and gripped my phone.

Another sound caught my attention and I saw a figure running through the bushes.

I started to panic but that was until I heard the sound of an engine roar and an all too familiar truck appeared, driving beside me. The window rolled down to reveal a familiar boy.

"Hey stranger." He greeted in a soft voice.

I ignored him and kept walking knowing very well that I couldn't outrun a vehicle but hoping that maybe he would get tired and just drive away.

"Soph, talk to me." He begged.

I kept moving focusing on my feet trying to make sure I didn't trip or anything.

I heard the sound of the engine stop and the car door click open then slam shut again.

Ryan jogged up to me, he grabbed me by my shoulders and spun me around to face him.

"Soph, please!" He didn't yell, he sounded desperate in fact. "I know what I did was wrong but I swear I love you and no one else, so if you find it in your heart to forgive me, I promise-"

"You know what's wrong." I snapped cutting him short and pushing him away from me.

"That I..." my voice cracked. "That I already forgive you! I love you so much, Ry and I always will and that's not fair to me because I deserve to be happy too." Tears were now running down my face.

"And I can make you happy if you just give me another chance."

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around myself.

"I can't give you what you want, Ry, you'll always look for it somewhere else. I want you to be free, I want you to make your own choices."

He shocked me by letting out a humourless laugh.

"It's that Cullen guy, isn't it?"

"What?... What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb, you're making me feel bad for cheating when you did the exact same thing."

"I did not cheat on you with Emmett, Ry, that's ridiculous!" I exclaimed.

"You think I don't notice how he looks at you? How you look at him? I wouldn't be surprised if you slept with him."

I looked at him in disbelief. "I would never do that to you! Why would you think-"

"You know what, shut up, I don't want to hear it. Sierra was right, you are just a slut."

With that he walked away leaving me hurt and broken.

Sierra said that? Now tears were rolling down my face uncontrollably.

I turned and ran as fast as I could not stopping. My tears were distracting me but I didn't stop, the minute my house came into view I stormed in. I ran upstairs to my room.

If I hadn't been in such a rush, I probably would have noticed the huge figure standing in the middle of my room earlier.

Taken by surprise, I stumbled back and fell on my butt.

"That's quite an entrance." He spoke, his face dropped when he got a good look at my face.

"What happened?"

I got up. "I really don't want to talk about it." I told him, wiping away my tears quickly.

He frowned. "But-"

"Please Emmett, if we start talking about it, I'm going to start crying again and I really don't want to do that. Let's just.... let's just talk about why you're here. You promised me answers, remember?"

Still looking doubtful he nodded none the less.
I sat on my bed and patted the space next to me.

He remained in the same position as if frozen to the spot.

"I don't bite." I teased.

He looked away. "I shouldn't have come here, this was a mistake."

I frowned. "Don't tell me you're going to bail on me."

"You have no idea how dangerous this is for you." He spoke seriously.

"Are you in some kind of trouble Emmett because if you are, my dad can help you if you just tell him."

"No one can help me!" He snapped.

His deep growl of a voice echoed through the room.

I gasped.

He looked at me. "I just came here to tell you that it's probably for the best if we don't talk anymore." With that, he turned around to leave.

Without hesitation I leaped after him, he was already down the stairs with the long strides he took.

"Emmett!" I called after him.

He was already out of my sight by the time I got to the stairs.

"Emmett please-Ah!" I felt my body go flying down the stairs but the impact didn't come.

Instead the hard arms of Emmett engulfed me.
I looked up into his gold eyes.

"How did you?" I gaped.

I could have sworn he wasn't anywhere near me, how did he make it here in time.

Then before I could process anything, he set me down and disappeared out of sight leaving me more perplexed than I was before.