8.

Chapter Eight:

Raegan

"So yo mama really called the police on you?" I questioned stuffing a fry in my mouth as Tony nodded chewing his burger

"Hell yea. Whooped my lil ass den called da police. Thought I was really goin' ta' jail fa' stealin' dat dollar out da' church collection pot."

Shaking my head at him I could only laugh. We were just having random conversation and got on the subject of growing up. He was comedy and wasn't even trying.

"You are a mess. Stealing the Lords money."

"Shit a nigga had to eat. The lord know my heart." Tony shrugged wiping his mouth.

"Why do you do it?" I questioned curiously resting my elbows on the table while looking at him trying to search his eyes.

"What, sellin' drugs? Robbin' people? Downin' a motherfucka if I have to?" Tony questioned leaning back in his seat.

Gulping I nodded my head yes.

"Because das all I know. A nigga had to teach himself how to grind. Ain't have a daddy so I had to learn what bein a man was from da streets. Dis me baybeh I can't change nun about it. Cold hearted nigga but I'm rock solid."

"And you like who you see in the mirror?"

"I'm true to myself so yea. Do you?" He questioned lifting his eye brow.

"Sometimes."

"You too beautiful for sometimes. Make it all da' time." Tony said pulling a hundred display bill out his pocket to pay for the food.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I questioned.

We were sitting at five guys which was across the way from the furniture place we were stopping at.

Although he could be an ass I was finding that he wasn't so bad once he let you get to know him. In ways he reminded me of my brother. The only difference was Ryan wore his feelings while Tony hid his well.

"Come on let's get outta' hea'." He sliding out the booth ignoring my question.

I hated I even asked. Should've just said thank you and shut up.

When we got to rooms to go I was already in home decorator mode. Scoping the place out for warm masculine colors and nice small things to add here and there.