18.

Ehhh this chapter is ehh...

Chapter 18:

Antonio

Sitting at the bar watching my mama move around the kitchen made me smile. It felt good to have her here for the weekend. I also missed the hell out of her cooking.

"I should make you come in hea' and help me." She said opening the oven to check her corn bread.

"See what had happened was..." I started before she threw her mitten at me. "Chill out ma." I laughed standing to help her.

"You so lazy. How do you even manage to live without me hea'?" She questioned.

Grabbing a piece of fried chicken that was already cooked I burnt my finger causing me to drop it back.

"Shit!" I hissed shaking my hand out trying to cease the pain.

"See. Keep dem long dirty fingers out my food Antonio." She said shaking her head. "Hea' put some butter on it."

Refusing the butter I grabbed some ice cubes and held them against my fingers while leaning against the counter.

"I was goin' to ask yesterday when she was hea' but you left too fast. You and Raegan?" My mama asked lifting her eyebrow at me.

"Ain't shi- I mean ain't nun." I said shrugging.

"Good lyin' ass. I take it whateva' it is Ryan doesn't know."

Shaking my head no I sighed.

"You playin' wit fire." She said shaking her head. "I see why he be so hot headed about her tho' she's cute."

"I know. I jus' ion know what it is right na'. Tryna figure it out." I said truthfully.

"Well yea I don't want to see anything happen between my boys but you know he's not goin' ta' take it lightly. I rememba' how you were about Erica. Put yourself in his shoes. How'd you react if da roles were reversed?"

Hearing everything she'd said I simply nodded. I didn't have to respond because we both knew his I'd react if the situation was reversed. Not wanting to dwell on the subject I switched it.

"You went ta' see Erica today?"

"I didn't. I was goin' ta' see if we could make it in da' morning' before you get into whateva' it is you be doin'." She said turning to face me with her arms folded across her chest.

Licking over my lips I shook my head. "Nah, I'm cool on dat. You can go tho."

Sucking her teeth she shook her head still giving me that same hard look. "It's goin' on six years and you still can't go visit your sisters grave Antonio?"

"I'm not bout ta' do dis. Every year you wanna go back and forth about dis. I don't wanna go see some tombstone wit my sister name on it."

"Why not? Das your sister Tony. It would be nice to have you wit me when I go."

"Because it only remind me dat she not comin' back mama. It only bring back da images of holdin' her lifeless body in my hands and wishing it was me and not her. I jus' I'm not ready fa' dat." I said biting my lip to keep from getting emotional since she was now crying.