39.

Myko's parents ^^

Myko 🤰🏽

I was wearing oversized shirts just to try and throw people off

I was wearing oversized shirts just to try and throw people off. I didn't need anyone outside of my friends catching wind that I was pregnant until I'd finally broke the news to my parents.

Today was the big day and honestly I was shitting bricks. I was still living at home which only made it harder to cover up. The only time I caught a break is when I'd stay over Ryan's. My baby daddy was so sweet. He waited on me hand and foot.

Speaking of my baby daddy he was coming over to my house today to have dinner. My parents thought they were just meeting my boyfriend, but we had more in store for them then they'd bargained for.

"Lilo when is your little friend coming?" My mom asked coming upstairs and standing in the doorway of my restroom as I did my hair.

"He said he'd be on time so I'm guessing seven." I said knowing that Ryan couldn't be punctual to save his life.

"Mm. Okay then. Dinner is almost ready." My mom said causing my stomach to growl as I'd neglected myself and my baby of food for too long.

If Ryan knew I hadn't ate anything today but a pickle and sunflower seeds he'd be ready to fight.

"What you cooking?" I asked.

"I kept it simple and did spaghetti."

"Yas sis. Glad daddy ain't have you in there trying to make no egg drop soup or nothing. You know how he be." I said as my mom laughed nodding her head knowingly.

"Girl yes. Nobody has time for that."

"Exactly, but I'm almost done. I'll be down in a few. Ryan should be here soon."

"So this is serious?"

"Yes mommy. We really like each other. We have plans for the future all that. He's a really good guy."

Eyeing me she was quiet for a minute.

"We'll see." My mom said before making her way back down stairs as I sucked my teeth.

I was the baby in my family. My older sister was pushing thirty and traveling the world. She was an environmental scientist that studied climate change and evolution. She rarely came home and when she did my parent praised her. My dad did anyway.

I wanted to give them that same satisfaction, but at the same time I wanted to do it my way. Plus my mom wasn't always the quote on quote business woman that she'd turned into after meeting my dad. She was a hood chick who just so happened to luck up on a nice looking Asian man. Together they opened up a business and invested their money, but the shit didn't just happen over night. They both made plenty of mistakes before getting to where they are now.