40.

Chapter 40:

Antonio

"What the hell Antonio?" I heard Rae shout into the phone causing me to sigh.

I knew she was going to be pissed off. I didn't even want to call her, but I knew I had to. A nigga fucked around and got jammed up on some stupid shit.

"I know baybeh. I fucked up, but we gone be good alright. Jus' stay solid and I promise I got you."

"It's just you or-"

"Yea it's jus' me. Yo brotha' should be home soon. He know what ta' do. Jus' keep yo head up fa' me mama. Dey can't hold a real nigga fa' long. I love you."

"I love you too Pooh." Rae said as I could hear her sniffing which meant she was crying.

"Come on baybeh don't cry. We good." I said assuring her that everything would be fine although I wasn't really sure myself.

We talked a couple minutes longer before the phone disconnected. I knew she was about to act a fool about a nigga being in jail. I just needed for her to stay solid.

I had already talked to my mama and she was pissed. I also had to tell her about Leslie and that only made it worse. I knew she was disappointed, but it was what it was. I just needed her to hold her head. She hated when I got in trouble and she always talked about not being able to handle losing two children. Me telling her I was straight went on deaf ears when I always managed to get myself caught up in bullshit.

Thinking back to the events that got me to this point only had me more frustrated, but I did what I had to do and at the end of the day I knew what type of nigga I was.

The guys and I linked up at the trap house. We was gone do one more job before we let this robbing shit go. Niggas had kids coming and everything else. It was time to start making less risky moves. Could've raise no kids from a jail cell.

"Where this nigga Ryan at?" Mike asked as we all shrugged.

Everybody else managed to meet up on time, but it was in typical Ryan fashion to be late to some shit. The only people that were going in on this lick were myself, Ryan, Carlos, and Mike. Brandon and Dray opted out so they could chase some hoes.

"Just like this nigga to have somebody waiting on his ass." Carlos said as I could see the black Lincoln coming around the corner.

"Hea' he come now." I said causing them to look that way.

"It's about damn time." Carlos said once Ryan was out the car.

"My bad man you know how hard it is to get a pregnant woman to let you leave the house? Had to lay this here good dick on her."

"That pregnant pussy a muthafucka huh?" Carlos asked while laughing.

"You ain't never lied." Ryan said dapping him up.

I ain't know so I ain't have a comment on it. I was more concerned about hitting this lick.

"We ain't got time to be reminiscing we got shit to do." Mike said taking the words right out my mouth.