9.

Chapter Nine:

Raegan

I was currently chilling at my house with Myko since it was Saturday and neither one of us had a life. Nadia was somewhere with Kyran and who knew what Brit and Desiree had going on.

"So Ryan ain't been here since Thursday and you still ain't tore the house down? I'm proud of you. Finally gaining my man trust." Myko joked knowing I hated when they played with my brother like that.

Rolling my eyes I waved her off. "I'm not as bad as he be making it seem. I'm shocked he even let me be here this long without him." I said truthfully flipping through the channels to lifetime.

"Where yo boo at? I know he been by to check on you." She said talking about Tony who wasn't my boo.

"Bitch you tried it. That ain't my man. And I haven't saw him either." I said scrunching up my face.

"You be so forced. Admit that man is fine and get yo panties out a bunch. Clearly he has a soft spot for you. Tone that funky ass attitude down and you could have a grown man with some money." Myko said with a shrug.

Staring at her long and hard I threw a couch pillow at her. In return she threw one back and we both burst out laughing.

"I'm just saying yo birthday coming up might get that little thang licked before it shrivel up." Myko said sounding like Nadia's trifling ass.

"Don't worry about this over here. Last time I checked me and you were in the same boat. Yours shriveled up too."

"Don't remind me." Myko whined. "I'm just not into this fucking any lame nigga that come my way. I want something real. Some fairytale hood love shit."

"I feel you, but the way these niggas set up we might as well hang that dream up." I said not even about to set myself up with false hope.

"I'm keeping hope alive. My daddy think I'm bout to be working in that nail shop he got another thing coming." She said causing me to laugh.

Her mom was black and her dad was Chinese. They owned this nail shop on alameda called Lee's. Myko worked there in her free time, but she definitely wasn't trying to make it permanent. She was trying to get far away from them as possible.

"Yo daddy hire black people that ain't his kids?" I questioned seriously.

"Yo black ass can't do no acrylics but I can see if he need somebody to work the front desk." She said getting up from the couch. "I'm bout to make some noodles you want some?"

"Yea the chicken pack and drown it in hot sauce" I said as she nodded heading for the kitchen.

Looking for a movie for us to watch I put it on Menace to society and admired how fine Caine was. Watching the beginning made me think of Tony in that store that night and I cringed.

Somebody knocked at the door taking me away from my thoughts as I stood up looking out the blinds to see who it was.

Sucking my teeth I cracked the door. "Can I help you?"

"Yea you can move out da' way." He said with that thick ass accent.

"Ugh no. Ryan not here so what you want?"