Chapter 12: Miss Magix

Michael has passed his test due to retrieving the Cheerful Gladiolus from the Water Nymph Queen for returning her daughter, Louise.

It is Hajarianna's turn to take the simulator test, but all of the Squadd are there, except Hajarianna.

"Okay, there are still some students that need to take the test: Hajarianna, Musa, and Kajari. Also, Delonare, Victoria, and Jason," says Palladium. "But, Hajarianna isn't here today. Perhaps it's another mishap."

"Oh, Professor, she said she wasn't feeling well today. She said she was going to the infirmary," says Hajari.

"Well perhaps when you do see her, tell her she's late on many assignments."

Later, in the infirmary room, Hajari goes to check on Hajarianna.

"Hajari, what's the matter?" asks the nurse.

"Oh, I was looking for my sister, she said she was going to be here today."

"You're the first student to walk through that door today. That's shocking because usually when there are exams I have a crowd in here."

"Oh okay, thank you," Hajari says as he walks out.

At the Squadd's apartment, everyone, except Hajarianna, is watching TV.

Hajari walks in. "Did you guys hear the four-one-one?"

"What?" asks Musa.

"Hajarianna didn't go to the infirmary room. I think it was just a stunt not to take the test," says Hajari. 

"I don't know what she's so scared of, we all aced it," says Musa. 

"She can't keep hiding. Sooner or later she's gonna have to take the test," says Kajari.

Suddenly everyone smells a delightful smell coming from Hajarianna's room.

"Hey, what's that?" asks Hajari.

In Hajarianna's room, Hajarianna is wearing a purple dress and new perfume.

"Hajarianna, good heavens! You don't look sick at all," says Hajari.

"Never felt better in my life, you?" Hajarianna replies.

"Hajarianna, what is all of this?"

"Tonight is the Miss Magix Contest. Every year they have a beauty pageant to see who's the prettiest girl in the Magic Dimension. I came really close to winning last year, but this year I'm winning for sure."

"Hajarianna, you're supposed to take the test today," says Hajari.

"Please help me and I'll study extra hard," Hajarianna says as she turns away sad.

"You should study for yourself, not for us," Musa says with an attitude.

"Oh, alright. Just this once. But as soon as we get back, hit the books," says Hajari.

"Thank you, Squadd!" Hajarianna says as she jumps up and down.

"What about Griselda?" asks Michael.

"Don't worry. Griselda will never know we went there," says Hajarianna.

At Cloudtower, in Mirta and Lucy's room...

"Tonight is the Miss Magix Contest and the Trix are going to transform me into a stunning beauty queen, even if the real ugly me could never win such a challenge," says Lucy.

"Don't Lucy, magic is prohibited," says Mirta.

"Oh get lost, Mirta! Always think you know everything!" says Lucy.