Chapter 13: A Great Secret Revealed

Hajari is home for spring break, Hajari is helping his mother cook dinner. Hajari is cutting carrots and Tia is frying chicken.

"So how long off did the school give you?" asked Tia.

"One week," says Hajari.

"That's not very long," says Tia .

"Yeah, but it's better than one day."

"You know, you've grown since the last time you were here."

"You think so?"

"Mhm. Honey, you're not cutting them right. You know economics is not your best subject."

"Yeah. Alfea doesn't offer Home EC Classes,"  says Hajari. 

Hajari and Tia both laugh. The stove catches on fire.

"Oh my, what a disaster!" says Tia.

Hajari absorbs the fire and then makes it disappear into thin air. Tia has a seat and takes a deep breath.

"You may not be a good cook, but you're the best son and fairy," says Tia.

Hajari is riding his bike and he runs into his father driving his firetruck.

"Hey, son!" says Charlie.

"Oh hi, Daddy!" says Hajari.

"Hello, Hajari!" says Charlie's co-worker.

"Oh..hi!"

"Well I have to get back to work. See you at dinner," says Charlie.

Charlie drives away. 

As Hajari is riding his bike down the street, he notices that he has the ability to read people's aura, or to read people's minds. "Whoa! this is new, I can read people's aura, Alfea has transformed me." Hajari is reading a woman's aura.

"Hey, don't you know it's rude to stare at people?" she thought.

"Oh, sorry," says Hajari. As Hajari rides his bike down the street he bumps into the presence of No Good Nia Sandy.

"Hey, Hajari. Where were you? Everyone is asking why you left," says Nia.

"Oh well, I transferred schools."

"To what? A school for slow learners?" Nia says as she laughs.

"No, a college for special kids!" Hajari says as he rolls his eyes.

"I don't believe you" says Nia.

Hajari rides his bike away. "Well, that's your problem Nia!"

"Hey!" Nia says.

At Tia's flower shop, Hajari walks in to help his mother work the flower shop, but he sees his mother behind her desk with two businessmen.

"Oh, Hajari! Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet my son, Hajari," says Tia.

"Oh, hello," Hajari says.

"Hajari, these are my business partners---well soon-to-be business partners, Mr. Brown and Mr. Bonner," says Tia.

Hajari is reading Brown and Bonner's aura.

"This sucker doesn't know that we're going to take her business down and make a supermarket," Brown said in his mind. 

"Well, Mrs. Rodriguez, we've forgotten one of the paperwork, so we'll come back tomorrow, goodbye," says Mr. Brown.

The men walk out Hajari says. "Mom those two men..."