As The Years Go On...PART 2!

The school year went through swiftly for Sebastian. He passed the test he was required to take for being home schooled and was now about to attend his first year of high school for the upcoming school year...in Paris.

He wrung his hands as he waited for his parents to come home one afternoon. In two days, he and his foster parents were going to move to Paris for his mother's new job.

He had to tell them now. So at least if they didn't want him anymore, he wouldn't be sent to foster care in Europe. And he was sick of hiding. And it wouldn't be fair to the two people who took care of him when he didn't have anywhere else to go.

Jennalyn Smythe entered the house and caught Sebastian just sitting there uneasy at the foot of the stairs.

"Seb?" she said looking at Sebastian concerned. "Is anything wrong? Are you alright?"

"Did father come home with you?" Sebastian asked. "I need to tell you both something."

"He's still at the office." She said. "His client called and he was held back. But he said he'll be back for dinner."

"Oh."

"What's the matter?" she asked sitting beside him at the foot of the stairs. "You can tell me."

"Can we please just wait until father get's home?" Sebastian asked. "I...uh..."

"It's okay." She said. "We'll talk about this again later. For now, why don't we have a head start on dinner.

"Okay." Sebastian said as the two head to the kitchen. Sebastian sat on the seat by the counter as his mother went to look through the little box of index cards full of recipes.

"We still have the beef brisket in the freezer, right?" she asked as she was sorting through options. Sebastian jumped off the stool and checked their freezer.

"Yes" he said taking out the chunk of meat from the freezer. His mother took out a pot where Sebastian placed the meat for it to defrost. She went to the pantry to look for bread.

"What are we making?" Sebastian asked when she returned with half a loaf of French bread and a few carrots and celery from the pantry.

"Beef stew." She said. "Please get an onion and garlic from the basket."

"Sure." Sebastian said getting the ingredients from the basket at the other side of the kitchen. "Do you need potatoes?"

"No, god knows how much of that you and your father eat when I'm not around."

Sebastian chuckles at how true it was. His foster mom smiled at him. She could tell something was bothering the young teen. But she didn't want to push or he might just close off more.

They started working on dinner together and it reminded Sebastian of the times he and Barry used to help their mom making dinner.

"How is Barry?" his mother asked.

"I'm sorry?" Sebastian said getting caught off guard.

"How's your brother?" she asked again with a small smile sensing the nerves of the young teen. "School just finished. And I overheard you talking to him last night on your computer. ECAS, that is an impressing feat especially with how young you both are."

"He's fine." Sebastian said cutting up the rest of the carrots. "He's nervous for high school already. I just hope there are no more of those bullies in his new school."

"There are always going to be some people who think their more superior than you." She said. "but these are actually the people who should make you strive for more. For you to prove them wrong."