Love

Sebastian stepped outside the bar and towards his old friend.

"This seat taken?" Sebastian asked. Hunter froze but motioned towards the empty space beside him. Sebastian sat down on the sidewalk beside Hunter and wrung his hands nervously. It was cold out and they left their jackets inside. Sebastian scooted closer to Hunter.

"Care to tell me what's going on in your head?" Sebastian asked.

Hunter shrugged.

"I know that we've had our moments." Sebastian said. "But I am still your best friend. No matter what happened back then. That hasn't changed."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why would you forgive me?" Hunter asked looking at him. "After all that I've done. I don't know how you could still befriend me. I... I'm no good. You shouldn't ...I shouldn't have tried to come back to your life. After all I've done. I..."

"I am no good." Hunter said. "I have skeletons in the closet more than anyone. I've hurt you before. I don't want that to happen again."

"It won't" Sebastian reassured. "And if there is anyone who knows about inner demons. It's me. Trust me. You won't go back to how you were. You've changed you've grown up."

"It's not the same, Sebastian."

"What would make it different?" Sebastian demanded. "I've seen my mom get murdered in front of me. I've got someone put into the hospital for surgery, what could possibly be worse..."

"It's because I'm in love with you." Hunter exclaimed stopping him in mid-rant. "I will only hurt you more. I can't bear that happening. I can't..."

Sebastian interrupted him by attacking his lips. Hunter was in shock but slowly relaxed into the kiss. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders and Sebastian had wrapped his around his waist.

When they separated, Sebastian could see something in Hunter's eye that he couldn't describe. Happiness? Sadness? Uncertainty?

"What was that for?" Hunter asked.

"That was for you to shut up." Sebastian said. "And to say I love you too."

A smile crept into his face. But then he frowned. "Even after everything..."

"Let's just say, I know all about second chances." Sebastian said.

"So what does that makes us now?" Hunter asked

"You tell me." Sebastian said while holding firmly on Hunter's hand. "So, why don't we go back inside, I'm getting a bit chilly out here. And as much as I would love to share body warmth and cuddle on the sidewalk. It might not be enough for this cold weather."

Hunter chuckled and squeezed Sebastian's hand in his. And they reentered the bar in a much better place than before.

Central City

Age 25

Hunter and Sebastian were decorating their apartment in Central City. With as crazy the past few years have been for both of them, it's been a while since they had stayed in their humble apartment in Sebastian's hometown. And since both sides the parentals went on vacation. It was just the two of them this year.

"So other than Christmas Eve with the West. What's the agenda for this holiday madness?"

"Clark's instigating a Christmas get together with the Warblers." Sebastian said. "Imagine, the Warblers at Central City."

"Oh that would be a nightmare." Hunter said playfully wrapping his arms around Sebastian's waist and his chin on the crook of his neck. As Sebastian looked away from hanging the ornaments on their tree. "Can you imagine that? Sending the Warblers loose on Central City."