Chapter 30: Change for the Good Pt. 2

Age 26

Central City - Earth 1

Sebastian was lost. Outside his relationship with Hunter, his job meant everything to him. He loved the thrill of it. The argumentative environment proving the innocence of his clients or convicting a criminal to prison. It was a rush. But now... he's lost.

Laptop in hand he was typing away on one of the outdoor tables in CC Jitters. He was updating his resume to try and applying in new firms. With the uprising of Metahuman attacks in Central City, most companies are not too keen into accepting a new employee just yet, metahuman or not.

Deep into his thoughts, a man being thrown out of the office building beside Jitters stole his attention. A man was holding a familiar cardboard box as he was being lead out by security.

"This is not fair! I've worked in this company for the past ten years!"

"Ten years or not, you're a metahuman."

"What's that got to do with it?" he demanded. "So? I can sense when someone's telling a lie? It's not hurting anyone! To most companies that can be seen as an asset!"

"The fact is that you are a danger to our company and we cannot have that."

"I would never hurt the company. This place is my family!"

"Then wouldn't you be better off making sure your family doesn't end up getting hurt." Another man in a grey suit said right behind the security. "If the public finds out that we've been harboring a metahuman, the company's reputation would be ruined. Would you really try to burn the company to the ground?"

"You can't do this!"

"Actually, we just did."

The man in the grey suit walked back into the building while the security guards kept the other man from trying to walk back in while he screamed in defiance.

Metahumans are citizens of Central City too. Unlike the criminals who have gained powers and started causing trouble, these citizens are innocent. Innocent people who were placed in a freak situation. Like Barry, like Cisco, like himself. They can't all be superheroes. They are all citizens they all have their rights just like all the other citizens in Central City.

Sebastian closed his laptop and shoved it into his bag while getting ready to head home. With Hunter going to a work function, he was alone at home. After about an hour or so with his thoughts he found himself packing up for a short trip.

He didn't realize where he was heading until he reached the train station of Star City. He knocked on the door.

Laurel opened the door with a staff in hand and a guarded look on her face. She sighed in relief. She pulled the staff out from behind her back and put it aside.

"Sebastian?" Laurel wrapped an arm around her old mentee "What are you doing here?"

"What are you going to do with that staff first." He asked. "I may not be as fast as Barry but Hunter had taught me a few self-defense techniques."

"I doubt Hunter was taught by the daughter of the League of Assassins."

Laurel opened the door wider and let Sebastian in. "Tea? Coffee?"

"Whatever you're having, I guess." Sebastian settled down on Laurel's couch as Laurel started the kettle.

"You guess?" Laurel asked. "Guess? The Sebastian I know never guesses. What's up?"

"I need your advice."

~()~

Cecile went to visit Joe West on her most recent Metahuman case. With the influx of strange metahumans, the cases starting turning up left and right. The D.A. could barely keep up with the cases and quite frankly, it was outside of her wheelhouse.