Keep Calm, Warble On!

Sebastian had a rather eventful long weekend in Ohio. It was just what he needed after midterms and he felt refreshed and ready for the rest of the semester. Watching his old brothers and new ones as well as spend some time with Rachel (without the curse of schoolwork and stuff looming over their heads) was relaxing.

He had to admit that he even enjoyed having Kurt around every now and then. Only he could truly understand the annoying traits of certain costume designers for school induced productions. But it was time to head back to New York.

It was early Saturday morning, Sebastian's adoptive mother continued to fuss over Sebastian to the amusement of both Sebastian and her husband. He was already good to go. But his mother wouldn't let go of him.

"Do you have everything? The new prescription for your glasses? Your contact lenses? Your books? Do you and Barry need us to come down..."

"We're okay, ma." Sebastian said wrapping his arms around his adoptive mother. "We're great thank you. It was a great trip back home."

"You should really come home more often. We miss having you around. You and Barry." Jennalyn Smythe said. "We might not be your parents. But we are proud to call you both part of our family."

"But like your mother said." Alexander said. "If you need anything just call."

"Of course." Sebastian said with a smile. "See you soon."

The Smythes were exchanging one last hug when Sebastian's phone started to vibrate.

They released from their hold enough for Sebastian to check who was calling.

Skylar Warbler

What is he doing awake?

"Sorry, I need to take this." His parents just nodded as he answered his phone.

"Sky, what's up? Isn't it a little early to be calling?"

"Sebastian are you still at home?" Skylar asked through the phone. It was noisy at his side slightly chaotic. Which was unusual for the usually uptight Warbler.

"I am I'm just about to go catch my plane. Where are you? Are you in any trouble? What's going on?"

Sebastian's parents started to look at him with worry.

"There's a fire." Skylar said in defeat. "The Academy is on fire!"

"What?" Sebastian exclaimed. "How? Is everyone alright?"

"There was an accident."

"I'm heading there right now." Sebastian said. "Be careful don't do anything stupid."

Before Skylar could respond Sebastian ended the call.

"What's going on, Seb?"

"Dalton's on fire." Sebastian said rushing to get his coat. "I have to go help them. The Warblers, the students...."

"We're coming with you." Jennalyn insisted.

"Ma..."

"The more time you argue with your mom the more time it takes to get there." Alex said grabbing his keys. "Let's go."

Dalton was a good fifteen minutes away from the Smythe residence. It took them less than ten minutes to reach the campus. Half a dozen fire trucks were already on the scene firemen running around trying to put out the large fire and helping students and staff out of the burning building.

Alex had barely stopped the car when Sebastian ran out in search for the Warblers.

It didn't take long to find a group of eighteen boys huddled together as they watched their home start to burn.