Ohio

26 y/o

Sebastian clenched his teeth together as his muscles strained. His hands clenched on the bars as he added weight on his right leg.

He relaxed his arms on the bar. His leg wobbled before it collapses.

"Careful!" Hunter scolded as he caught Sebastian.

Sebastian grumbled as Hunter rolled the wheelchair to him. "Come on, Bas. Take a break."

"I hate being helpless." Sebastian grumbled.

"These things take time." Hunter reminded. "You're getting better."

"I can't walk, Hunter." Sebastian said "I don't know how I'm going to stand. Much more walk."

"Come on. Why don't we go get some coffee, Bas?" Hunter said. "Keep your mind off it. Come on. Back to Ohio. And the pencil flavored coffee."

"Just what I need." Sebastian complained. "Public School stench."

Hunter laughed at him as they rolled out of the old dance room and their make shift clinic.

Driving from Westerville to Lima was a nostalgic experience. One that Sebastian took rather bitterly. Despite having Ohio be a break from his lonely life away from Barry and his dad, he actually appreciated what it had taught him. He wouldn't be the man he is today without his move here attending Dalton.

However, he was still bitter being here while being disabled.

A wave of nostalgia hit Sebastian as soon as Hunter pushed him through the door.

It was almost as if he could see his younger self walking around with his Dalton blazer and smirky grin.

"I'm going to get us some coffee." Hunter said after parking his chair at a an empty table.

"I still think that I should've used the crutches." Sebastian said. "At least I would be able to pull you out of the way should you go crazy on pencil flavored coffee again."

Hunter chuckled.

"I'll try to behave myself." he said giving him a kiss before heading to the counter.

Sebastian sat patiently as he could on the table watching Lima kids loiter and mingle in the ancient cafe. He couldn't help smile as memories of messing with the New Directions was flooding his mind. Who'd think that today, he has a favorite Latina, a Broadway actress for a cousin, and he'd be sending playful banters on Lady Hummel and the Bashful schoolboy.

He never talked to the rest of the New Directions. He has no real plan to really. At least, he has made up with the people he has the biggest conflict with.

"Well, well, well." A familiar calm and condescending voice rang behind him. He turned around to find a familiar blonde haired former cheerleader. "Look who it is, not so high and mighty now are you, Smythe?"

"Long time no see, Fabray." Sebastian said with an equally condescending tone. "Where's your gold boyfriend...which number is it now? twenty?"

"What are you doing here, I thought the Public School stench would drive you off. Or wait. Is it possible that the high and mighty is not only stuck in the loser town and as Ohio. But also disabled and stuck to a chair!"

"A temporary setback." Sebastian pointed out. "What are you doing here then here in Loser town? Don't tell me that your constant flirting of the rich and famous hasn't landed you back on a fictional peak of the food chain. Oh how must you survive groveling down on earth."