NYADA

19 years old

New York City

Santana nervously paced the hallway of Sebastian's apartment. She managed to pluck up the courage and knocked on the door. Sebastian opened the door.

"Santana."

"We need to talk." She said barging into the apartment. Barry had a sandwich in hand still wearing pajama bottoms. "You out!"

"Santana?"

"You heard me."

Barry glanced at both Santana, who had a determined look on her face, and Sebastian, who looked troubled. "Uh, I'll just go...buy some uhh pie? Yeah Pie."

He was about to leave the apartment then looked at his attire.

"Uh Yeah, give me a minute I'll be out of your hair."

Barry quickly changed and was out the door within five minutes which was a new record for the Forensics Major.

"We need to talk." Santana said making herself comfortable on one end of the

"You mentioned." Sebastian said taking a seat on the other side of the sofa.

"About the other day..." Santana said "I..."

"Santana..." Sebastian started. "I don't know what happened. It just..."

"Happened." Santana finished. "I don't know why but I thought I felt a ..."

"Spark." Sebastian said. "I never had a doubt that I was gay. But after the other day, I'm not so sure."

"It's been a bit different since Brittany and I broke up." Santana said. "When we started to hang... No one understands me better than you do."

"I never really had a real boyfriend. Or a girlfriend for that matter." Sebastian said. "The closest thing I thought I had to a relationship tried to kill me. I don't want to be some sort of rebound."

"Brittany and I are over." Santana said. "Or at least we were. I let her go. She's on her way to some bigshot school when she got discovered as a math genius."

"So, what now."

Santana scooted closer to Sebastian and took on of his hands in hers. "Now we decide. We can always act like it never happened. Or we could give this a shot."

~()~

The day before they performed Santana and Sebastian were having one last rehearsal.

Santana was tense as they went through the steps one last time.

"Calm down Santana." Sebastian said. "You're too tense. We've been at this for weeks. You know this by heart by now. The more you worry the more you'll forget."

"I haven't felt this nervous since I first auditioned for the Cheerios." Santana said as Sebastian stopped the song. "And the people in NYADA is just as bad as Sue Sylvester will ever be...."

"Hey, hey, hey." Sebastian said grabbing her shoulders. "You've got this. No one's got anything on Auntie Tana remember? We've rehearsed this hundreds of times. You know the steps by heart by now. And you have me. No one else has a self-acclaimed musical expert as a partner."

Santana laughed at Sebastian's attempt to cheer her up.

"You've got this." Sebastian reassured. "Okay?"

"Okay." Santana said with a smile.

"Now." Sebastian said. "One last run before we call it a night. You need your beauty sleep if you're going to win tomorrow."