Mentors

New York

2nd Year of College

It was mid semester for the College students of New York. Sebastian and Hunter had returned to being "best friends" but Barry of course knew better than to comment.

Sebastian felt it was relatively quiet around New York. With Kurt and Rachel all the way back in Ohio to rebuild their Glee Club and Blaine working hard on his music and keeping himself busy while Kurt was at Ohio.

But of course the silence is always a calm before the storm.

Just a week before their midterms, Sebastian receives a phone call from a familiar Warbler. He was cleaning up after the whirlwind that is happening. He had misplaced his glasses and he cannot study properly without them. He gathered his notes in a pile on his table (still unable to find his glasses) when his phone rang.

"Skylar." Sebastian answers with his phone on his shoulder while he continued to clean up the mess of notes and clothes around his room. "What has you calling this number in the middle of the school year?"

"Hi Bas." Skylar said. Sebastian could hear the grimace through the phone. Skylar had always been a bit too uptight on the best of times. But Sebastian thought that his uptight nature and frank disposition was perfect for the rebuilding of the Warbler Council. He reminded Sebastian of Wes. Just a little mellowed down. "Do you have a minute?"

The serious tone of his voice had caught Sebastian's attention. He put down the stack of papers in his hand and held the phone to his ear. "Yeah what's wrong?"

"I... We need your advice."

It wasn't long until the Warblers had a Skype call with Sebastian. Sebastian felt it was weird seeing all the new faces as well as the Warbler Choir Room in a small screen.

"Well it looks like you have a full team." Sebastian commented. "How hard was the screening for new members?"

"A bit easier since we only graduated four last year." A flambouyant veteran Warbler, that Thad elected to be part of the council, said. "There were so many terrible ones that year."

"Thank you, John." Skylar interrupted. "I'm sorry to bother you with this Sebastian. But we really need your advice."

"Alright. You have captured my interest." Sebastian said, "What seems to be the problem."

The Warblers broke into two groups and started to quarrel. Arguing both to Sebastian and each other. The council was unable to calm the group, mostly because the only one who was trying to calm them down was Skylar. The other two were arguing along with the rest of the Warblers.

Sebastian rummaged through the drawers of his bedside table and found a whistle from his PE class.

He blew the whistle that could be heard through the mic and the ones closest to the computer covered their ears.

"I may not be the current Head of the Warblers, but I refuse to be treated with such disrespect." Sebastian said sternly along with a glare causing some of the newer Warblers to look down at their feet while those that he knew from his time at Dalton looked at him sheepishly. Momentarily forgetting that Sebastian used to rule the Warblers with an iron fist and a sharp tongue on bad days. "Now Skylar, explain."

"A few days ago, a student..."

"A Female Student!" one of the Warblers intervened causing Sebastian to glare at him. The usually loud spoken and confident Warbler now had a tail between his legs under the gaze of the Alumni Wabler.

"Anyways, she is asking to be part of the Warblers."

"And she is studying at Dalton." Sebastian asked to clarify. "Not at Crawford?"