XII: A change I could get used to.

I was woken up by the sunlight hitting my face. Groaning in annoyance, I put my arms over my eyes. I felt the bed shift and I heard a small gasp beside me but I still kept my eyes closed. I roll over the bed to find a more comfortable position. The warmth from last night was gone, grumbling only to realize that Camila isn't laying down. I feel around around the bed for the familiar warmth and when I felt a hand, I gripped it tightly with mine. I smiled and burrowed my face in my pillow, sighing in contentment as I still gripped the soft and comforting hand.

The hand I was holding slowly removed itself making me open my eyes. I examined the room only to see Camila sitting upright with a mortified look on her face. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and without breaking our gazes, I sat up. I smiled sweetly at her and flipped my unruly morning hair to the other side. Camila's jaws opened and closed which made her look like a fish. I giggled at the sight. "Did we... you know?" She mumbled shyly with her covers covering her chest.

I gazed at her with a confused glint in my eyes. As I examined her state, her cheeks adorned an adorable red color before I even realized what she might have meant by that. My eyes widened in disbelief hearing her words. I blushed in embarrassment as I tried to splutter out coherent words, "N-No! What- Why would you even- Oh my God!" I denied too loudly. I regret shouting at her when I saw her flinch.

But Camila sighed in relief. I gave a questioning look towards her, "You don't remember anything from last night?" I asked with a frown. For some reason I felt disappointed that she didn't remember anything. Camila hid her blushing face from mine in her hands bashfully. The brunette felt like her face was on fire. "I- I don't remember much." She mumbled adorably, her voice becoming slightly muffled by her hand.

My heart swelled at the sight and I looked away. Biting my lip, I pried her hands off of her face. "Don't hide your beautiful face." I whispered with my husky and hoarse voice that always seem to happen after I wake up in the morning. Camila slowly removed her hands from her face and she was looking down. Grinning widely, I scooted closer to her.

Camila giggled at my compliment, "I remember the kiss but nothing after that. What happened after?"

I laughed to myself as I remember the events from last night. Last night, after our little make out session, Camila literally fell limp in my arms. I did try to go to my own bed but this girl beside me wouldn't let go of my shirt and kept whining as she was asleep. Seeing her vulnerable side is so endearing. I didn't have any choice but to sleep beside her.

"Why are you laughing?" Camila asked me with a questioning look in her brown eyes. I just shook my head, letting out a small chuckle, "Nothing. I was just remembering how you literally passed out cold. Was I that intense?" I smirked cockily. Camila gasp and her jaw fell agape at my words before smacking me hard on my arm. "Damn, you're so cocky." She laughed. "I mean, I do have my reasons to be." I husked out, still with the cocky look adorning my face. We both laughed and seconds after our laughs died down.

The thoughts from last night swarmed my mind and I couldn't help but question her. I only wanted her to reassure me that I didn't take advantage of her drunk state.

"I shouldn't have reciprocated." I told her, sadly. Camila looked at me with confusion, "What are you-" Her hands held onto mine gently, her thumbs occasionally rubbing against my hands. "You were drunk. Clearly, you weren't thinking straight. I- Fuck, the alcohol you consumed probably affected you. I mean, you wouldn't want to kiss me right? What if I can't control my anger again! You obviously don't want to be with someone who can't control their mouth-"

Camila's hand covered my mouth to prevent me from saying anything more. "Lauren! Let me talk for a second!"

Her hand slowly retracted from my mouth. Without thinking, I told her, "You probably regret the kiss, right?" As if I just realized what I asked her, my eyes widened at that thought. My heart dropped and my shoulders slumped. I noticed how sad and weak my voice was when I asked that question. I looked into Camila's sad eyes, searching for answer. Her usually glowing eyes were dull and glossy from the tears she was trying to stop. Her arms fell limp to her sides. I heard a small sniffle coming from her, making me feel a small pang in my heart.