XX: The Underground Bar

"Have all of you packed you luggage? You girls didn't forget to anything important did you?" Abuela asked as she paced around the room. I laughed and made her stop pacing around. "We already packed all of our stuff Abuela. You don't have to stress about it, we can take care of ourselves you know." I chuckled. Abuela laughed as well. "You girls better be careful. Make sure to call your Father once you land or he will be worried." I nodded. I waited for the girls to go downstairs.

The girls soon came down from upstairs with their carry-on bags strapped on their shoulders. I could even hear the faint arguing of Camila and Dinah but they stopped once they saw us. "Are you all ready?" I asked, beginning to stand up from the couch and carried my carry-on. They muttered a chorus of 'yes'. "You girls can go wait outside. I'll be there in a few minutes." I told them. They obliged and went outside.

I turned back to my Abuela and said, "It was nice to see you again Abuela. I hope we can come back soon. Cuba is really beautiful after all, I'm sure the girls also enjoyed our stay here." I chirped, moving to embrace her briefly. "Is that so..." She laughed and patted my back in a comforting manner. "Well I can't wait to see my granddaughter again. But next time, make sure you also bring your Father and your siblings." We broke apart and I smiled widely at the woman. I agreed, telling her that we probably would go here for New Years Eve.

"Make sure you also bring Camila." She winked playfully. I blushed at the mention of my girlfriend's name. "I- I don't know about that. I think she's going to spend the holidays with here family so..." I said, uncertain. "That's too bad. Anyways, you girls can come back anytime. It's kind of lonely when only two people live in this big house. It's a nice change of environment having five lively girls in my house." Abuela chortled, clapping her hands together.

I smiled politely once more and finally stood up from the couch. Abuela also sat up when I did. I straightened my outfit before turning to her. "The others and I need to get going now Abuela or we're going to miss our flight so goodbye." I said. Abuela escorted me outside. When we arrived outside, the girls are already waiting beside a cab. They already put their carry-on bags inside the trunk. I put mine inside and turned back to her.

"The duration of the stay was so fun Abuela. We hope we can come back to Cuba soon." Camila said and the girls concurred. "I'll be waiting. You girls need to be careful on your flight. It's dangerous out their." Abuela carefully reminded the five of us. "It's fine Abuela. We have Ralph here." Dinah grinned cheerfully, putting her arm around Lauren's shoulder, almost making Lauren wheeze at her strength.

"Girls, we need to get going now. Our flight is in two hours." Ally reminded as she tapped her index finger on her watch. "Goodbye Abuela." I said goodbye before the five of us went inside the cab, telling the driver to drive us to the airport. I turned my head to look back, seeing Abuela waving her hand goodbye at us.

It feels nice knowing that my Abuela finally accepted me. I was torn so I'm really glad she changed her mind about me, or even changed her mind about the whole gay community. What if she never changed her mind though? She wont see me again, or even my future wife. Although, I prefer if my future wife would be Camila. If this trip never happened, she probably would have never seen my own children. That thought makes me sad. The woman who taught me to be the person that I am today doesn't see me as her granddaughter.

But that's not my reality anymore.

And I'm glad that she had a change of heart.

_

"Shh, you're being too loud Lo." I giggle quietly under my breath as Camila reprimanded me playfully with her voice hushed. She put her index finger up to her lip, telling me to keep quiet but I just kept giggling quietly. Finally having enough, she rolled her eyes before she motioned with her hand for me to follow her. I obliged as quietly as I could be. The girl turned back to look at then walked over to the stairway with her back slightly hunched.