XXI: An Unexpected Deal

"Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good god, let me give you my life"

I finished my last song and began to scan the crowd once more. Seconds later, the crowd started clapping loudly making me grin in return. I stood up from the piano seat and bowed slightly. My chest was heaving and my voice is becoming a bit dry from all the singing. A man then appeared from behind the stage and handed me a bottle of water. I took it, mumbling a small 'thanks' before immediately uncapping the bottle and chugged it down.

A few people walked over to initiate small talk with me but I politely declined their advances. I was waiting for Lauren, the only person who's opinion I hold dearly. I quickly hopped down the stage and was then met with the sight of the raven-haired beauty. I waved her over, trying to get her attention with all this people surrounding us.

"Holy shit, Camz. That was fucking amazing!" I heard Lauren holler as she walked over to where I was standing beside the stage. Grinning widely, I flung myself in her arms, excitedly squeezing her body. "Oh my gosh, I was so nervous!" I sighed out. I felt her arms snake around my back, giving my body a tight squeeze. "Don't worry baby. You did great. Your voice is phenomenal, and how come I haven't heard you sing that song ever?" My girlfriend jokingly looked at me with an offended expression. I cooed, pinching her cheeks lightly.

"It was still work in progress so I was a bit hesitant to let you listen to it, but then the invitation came and I thought that maybe I should perform my new song here. Were you surprised, Lolo?" I questioned, bouncing on my feet like an excited child. "Definitely surprised." She nodded and began to lean down. Her soft lips met mine, enveloping mine between hers. I moaned and grasped her hips in my hands tightly. 

Lauren's hands grazed against my back then she suddenly tugged me closer, causing our hips to press against each other. We were having a heated make out session when the clacking of heels and the familiar voice call out to us, causing us to break apart unwillingly. I didn't turn my head to acknowledge the person, I was too entranced on the rare beauty in front of me.

But then I was suddenly caught off guard by Lauren wrapping a protective arm around me, pulling me closer to her chest. She pecked my head multiple times before facing the familiar woman. "Your performance was phenomenal Miss Cabello." The woman said, making me swiftly turn my head. Oh shit, it's her. "Oh... Um... Hi Miss Howard." I awkwardly greeted. "Please don't fret. I sincerely apologize for flirting with you earlier. I am merely here to congratulate you, and I'm also here to propose a deal with you."

"A deal?" Lauren questioned, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. Her arm were now loosely wrapped around my waist. "Yes, a deal. Would you like to perform here every Sunday night? Of course payment is also included." I stood there, not expecting her proposal. I looked at Lauren to see her staring right back at me. She was smiling.

"What do you think?" I asked hesitantly. The photographer laughed, shaking her head. "Why are you asking me that? It's your decision if you want to. It's not like I'm going to stop you if you accept it." She said and nuzzled her nose against my cheek. I sighed. I couldn't help but let out a small smile at her kindness. "If you're happy then I'm happy." The green-eyed girl grinned boyishly. How can she be so considerately adorable. I felt my cheek redden, making me avoid eye contact with her so she wouldn't be able to see my red cheeks.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

Smiling, I answered the woman. "I'd be honored to perform here every Sunday." Julia clasped her hands together in delight. "That's wonderful! I hope to see you again this Sunday, Miss Cabello." The blue-eyed woman said goodbye to the both of us before disappearing in the crowd.