XXV: We still got time.

Lauren and I walked hand in hand into the building. After breakfast, I immediately received a call from Simon, asking me to for a meeting. I told him that I was already about to come, so it wouldn't take too long. I looked to my right to take in Lauren's appearance. She was wearing a David Bowie shirt with a denim jacket wrapped around her waist and denim shorts. God, I swear she's going to give me a heart attack someday. I was broken out of my daze by Lauren wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

She looked down at me, smiling widely, "You look great in my bomber jacket, Camzi." I smiled back and leaned up to kiss her on the lips. We were just about to walk in the elevator when I caught the glimpse of a familiar brunette. I smirked and I intertwined my hands with Lauren and pulled her as I ran towards the brunette. She stumbled a bit in surprise but quickly regained her balance. I was surprised that Cara wasn't with her right now.

"Camz?" Lauren spluttered. "She's the one that I've been talking about and another girl, although she's not with her right now." I said. She whipped her head around and grinned cheerfully when she saw me, "Camila! Is your meeting with Simon today?" When we were close enough, I gave her a quick hug and then went back beside Lauren.

I nodded quickly, earning an amused laugh from Kendall. "It's been a while, Kendall. By the way, this is my wonderful girlfriend, Lauren. Lauren, this is Kendall. We met a week ago." I introduced them to each other. Lauren smiled politely and waved shyly. "Oh, that's so cute. You guys are a beautiful couple." She complimented, holding her documents up to her chest. "Thanks." Lauren said, feeling flattered by her comment. 

"By the way, where's Cara?" I asked, looking around the lobby. "She's probably smoking outside. I told her to stop but she's so stubborn." Kendall said, shaking her head in annoyance. I frowned but it was soon replaced by a pout, "Aw, I wanted to invite you guys to hangout with my friends and I." I mindlessly played with my girlfriend's fingers that were entwined with mine. "That would be great actually."

"Let's exchange numbers and then I'm going to tell Cara." I nodded cheerfully and we both gave each other our numbers. She also exchanged numbers with Lauren, showing that they're getting along pretty great. After a few minutes of talking, Kendall checked her wristwatch and clicked her tongue. "Shoot, I forgot I got something to do. I guess I got distracted." She laughed.  "It's been great catching up with you, Lauren and Camila. See ya."

She said goodbye to us and then walked off elsewhere.

Lauren and I then went inside the elevator to the 10th floor. Silently, I pushed Lauren against the elevator wall and hugged her front. My heart was beating fast, and I could hear her heart beating rapidly too. I sighed as I lay my head against her chest. "You nervous, baby?" Lauren asked, rubbing my back comfortingly. I rested my chin on her chest, gazing up at her adoringly. I nodded quietly.

Lauren smiled and pecked my forehead. "How would Simon react? I just rejected his offer. What if he becomes furious?" I said. I heard Lauren sigh, "You don't have to please anybody but yourself, Camz. You don't need to meet somebody's expectation. If you're not ready yet, then you don't have to force yourself because you're afraid of disappointing somebody else. If you're happy with your decision then that's the only thing that matters."

I happily sighed, "What did I do to deserve such a smart girlfriend?"

"I could say the same to you." Lauren laughed adorably, making me smile widely. I pecked her jaw. It didn't take long for the elevator to open, "Good luck to me then." I grumbled, walking out of the elevator. We walked to Simon's office. I knocked on the door, dreading this meeting. Lauren sensed my expression and sent me a encouraging smile. Soon, Simon opened the door. He was wearing his usual attire, jeans and a plain white t-shirt.