Chapter 16: Sibling Love

Eli POV

I walk to my room, well where all of the initiates stay. It is weird because I haven't been here much at night. I quietly walk passed all the sleeping initiates, heading for the shower, I get undressed and shower I see that I really need to change my bandage, my stitches must have come out during one of the fights. I silently curse myself. I wash my hair and body and quickly get dressed. I make my way out of my room when I notice that James' bed is now empty.

Then I feel a small breeze behind me that tells me I am about to be attacked from behind, I move to the right as quickly as possible but I feel a little sting along my arm, I glance down to see it bleeding. Great he has a blade. I think then dodge his next attack, roll to the side trying my hardest to not wake the others I walk backwards up the stairs out of the sleeping quarters. James is still throwing attacks with his knife. I use the railings to lift my weight onto my arms and swing my legs to kick him down the stairs. I run away a little, I turn back around after a minute to see him catching up. I take my stance looking him in the eyes. I dodge his attack that would have stabbed me, I grab his arm slam my other arm into his elbow breaking his arm. I slam him against the wall, I feel another sting this time my side, I glance down to see a deeper cut. I glare dagger at him, before slamming his hand against the wall causing him to drop the blade, I slide it across the corridor with my foot. I bring my knee to his guts before slamming his head hard against the wall pushing him onto the floor kicking his chest, his stomach, his face. Before I gain control breathing heavily out of anger. I pick the dagger up, sliding it in my pocket. I look at James as he lay there on the floor. Shall I take to the infirmary? I mean he is such a jerk, surely it wouldn't be that long until he is found unconscious on the floor. No Eli, do the right thing. I sigh deeply before picking James up walking towards the infirmary.

Doesn't look like I am sleeping tonight. I look to the first nurse I see which ends up being Marlene.

"Marlene, hey. Didn't realise you worked here." I say to her though she had her back to me.

She turns around then stands shocked. "Oh my...What happened?"

"James here, thought it would be fun to attack me after I got out the shower. Anyways he isn't my problem anymore." I explain looking around for a bed to see where I can dump him.

"He attacked you?" that is when she notices my side and arm, "Eli your bleeding. Let me see to you." She says with worry in her voice.

"I'll be ok Marlene, not that I can say the same about this one. Is there somewhere I can dump him?" I say looking at her with eyes that showed that she wouldn't make me change my mind.

She sighs in defeat pointing to an empty bed, "Fine, there is a bed over there. At least go to Four and let him sort you out?"

I walk over to the bed and lay him down harshly letting his body land on the mattress with a thud. I turn to look at Marlene who had her arms folded and a serious face. "Fine look I will go now if it makes you feel any better."

Marlene smiles at the fact that she won, "I will ask him tomorrow if you went so don't try a fast one over me." I just roll my eyes and start to walk away before Marlene adds, "Wait I will give you some antiseptic wipes and bandages." I watch her fish through some draws.

She hands me some bandages and some whips. I look at how much she gave me and sigh deeply. Dare I ask? I think but my mind already seem to make its decision "Uhh, can I have more bandages please? And wipes for that matter" Marlene looks at me worriedly so I add in a quiet voice, "Some of my older wounds still haven't healed very much or reopened or whatever just please." My voice sounds desperate and she just nods and hands me some more.