Ch 9-Kaleidescope Eyes

CAMILA'S POV

6:04PM

"Camila?" a distant voice says. 

Has this couch always been this soft? I think this is the softest couch I've ever sat on. 

"Camz" 

I don't think it was this soft last time, though. 

It got softer.

Much softer 

What did Normani and Dinah do to it to make it this soft? 

My hands slide over the couch and its cushions taking the opportunity to admire its softness. 

I swear I'm in a bed of clouds 

"Camila!" 

I heard someone call my name, and even though I wanted to give them my attention I am baffled that no one else is as fascinated as I am about how soft this couch is. 

A soft giggle escapes my lips because I find it funny that no one else loves this couch. 

Because I love this couch

I don't think I've ever loved an inanimate object more than I love this couch 

But hey, if they don't love the couch it means I get to have it all to myself. 

More couch for me

"Okay," I hear the familiar voice say

Before I know it, the most delicate pair of hands are cupping my cheeks and I am met with green.  But it's not just green, there are shades of blue and brown and yellow and even teal all coming together to form the most beautiful pair of eyes to ever exist. 

"Camz, are you okay?" the voice said, "How are you feeling?" 

I want to answer her, I really did but I'm busy admiring the emerald orbs because it wasn't until this very moment that I finally understood what Mr.Lennon meant by kaleidoscope eyes. 

Instead of offering her a vocal response, I decide to nod to inform her that I am okay. Though, I'm not sure why I feel as if my skin is tingling.

Almost like there are a thousand spiders walking all over my body. My eyes widen at the thought and I shake my head forcing the hands cupping my cheeks to disappear 

"No" I mumble as my hands move to wipe off the spiders that I'm not sure are really there

"What's wrong?" the voice says almost as panicked as I feel, but I can't answer. Because my chest is heaving and I forgot how to breathe and there are fucking spiders running all over my body! 

"Camila, what are you doing?" 

At the sound of my name I look up into the kaleidoscope eyes and I wonder why she's not worried about the spiders. I become distracted because the eyes are close and the hands appear back on my cheeks making me rest my head on them. 

The pattern in her eyes almost resemble a butterfly. 

Then, a thought pops in my head. 

Why do they have to be spiders? The tingling feeling could simply be pretty emerald colored butterflies flapping their wings all over my skin. 

The idea makes me smile 

"I like butterflies" I giggle

A smile appears in front of me as I hear Lauren speak "I'm glad"