Ch 29-Bliss

"Lauren, how could you afford this place?" Camila asked 

A chuckle immediately escaped my lips "I can't" I admitted "This beach house belongs to my parents, they bought it like a year ago and never used it" I said "I managed to wrangle the key from them" I told her 

By "wrangle" I, of course, mean "Stole" since my parents would never approve of me using it for a weekend away with my girlfriend. 

I thought I'd feel bad for taking it but if I'm being honest they'd be a bit hypocritical to call me a thief. 

Camila's eyes explored the house as I just watched her in fascination. The past three months have flown by and so much has changed. With Chris getting out of rehab and deciding to stay in Arizona with Ally, Taylor leaving for college, my uncle getting a longer sentence due to new victims emerging, not to mention getting the news that Dr. Hernandez has left her cheating husband for a woman named Carrie who was her husband's ex-lover. I was ticked off to find out Taylor wasn't the only one, but I also couldn't have expected anything different from him.

 Thankfully, my sister left for college before that scandal erupted. 

"YOU HAVE A HOT TUB" I heard Camila scream from outside where the pool area is

I chuckled and made my way outside to her. Once I set foot on the wooden platform my girlfriend turned around and began jumping up and down like an excited child. 

"It's a hot tub Lauren!!!" she said as if I couldn't see it myself but I couldn't help but smile anyway 

We soon found ourselves in our bathing suits submerged in the hot water. Camila smiled as she played with the bubbles that faded too quickly and I smiled. In moments like these is when I feel the difference, how a few months ago I was in a bathtub with Natalie and it was nice but it wasn't this. The world didn't stop, my heartbeat didn't increase, my cheeks didn't hurt from smiling so much. 

The only word I could use to describe this feeling would be pure bliss 

"Hey," Camila said as she leaned in closer and straddled my lap "Can I ask something?" 

My arms wrap around her waist and I take advantage of the close proximity to place a soft kiss on her lips 

"Of course," I reply 

She only asks in two instances, the first is if she feels it's a sensitive topic that I might react badly to, the other...

"If Adam and Eve were the first people on earth, how did Cain get his wife?" 

... was if it's biblical. 

Camila never loses her thirst to learn more, both about the bible and evolutionary theory. She keeps watching these youtube videos of Christians vs Atheists. She probably thinks that if watches enough of them she'll finally pick a side. I'm not sure she's aware that you can believe in God without being a full one Christian. After all, no one has all the answer. 

But that is Camila, all or nothing. I wouldn't want her to be any other way. 

"Well," I begin "There are many theories," I tell her. I no longer mind as much when she asks me about biblical topics, it's cute to watch the wheels turning in her head. Not to mention that her passion to figure out what life is all about is one of the things that made me fall for her. 

Regardless of our differences in belief, we've learned to respect what the other thinks. I respect that she's figuring things out and she respects that at this time and moment, I don't care to figure things out. Life is stressful enough without trying to figure out its meaning.