Ch 12-We Can Stop Time

"Camz," I said slowly "I don't bite" 

It was now 2 o'clock in the morning, and I was sitting on the edge of my bed watching Camila as she stood in front the door not daring to step closer. 

After our kiss, Camila turned around running into the house without a word leaving me breathless and even more certain of my feelings for her. 

But when I ran inside after her, she was already engaged in conversation with my mother who was doing an excellent job at pretending the events from earlier tonight never happened. I must say my mom is very talented in the art of deflection. She offered Camila some coffee as they had small talk about how hot the weather has been lately as if it isn't always hot in Miami. 

The conversation continued when my mom offered her the guest room since tio Angel wasn't going to be using it. 

At that moment I cut into the conversation in which I had previously only been a spectator.  I simply suggested she slept in my room like we originally planned.  Solely because the door of the guest room is currently off its hinges due to Javi's kick leaving her with no privacy. 

When I made the comment, I could sense Camila's hesitation because we both knew that was not why I wanted us to share a room tonight. Regardless of my intentions, she agreed with me and said she'd prefer my room anyways. 

However, as soon as we entered the bedroom she has been standing by the door simply watching me as I watch her. Both of us completely unsure of what the kiss from earlier is going to mean for us. 

On my end, I know what I want it to mean but I can't be sure she's on the same page. In fact, I am almost certain she's not. Now the last thing I want to do is make her uncomfortable, which is exactly what's happening since she's been standing there for ten minutes without a word.

"Do you want me to give you the room?" I ask "I can crash with Taylor" I decided to suggest 

Camila doesn't speak but she shakes her head at the idea. I watched as she nervously fiddled with her fingers and decided to make another suggestion

"You want me to leave you the bed? I don't mind the floor" I shrugged 

She responded in the very same way which I took as both a good and bad sign. She might not be making an effort to get closer but she's also not pushing me away which is all I can ask for right now. Taking into consideration the fact that a couple weeks ago she was telling me that being gay is a sin and that today she just kissed a girl for the first time, that's pretty fast progress as it is. I don't want to push her but patience has never been my virtue. 

All I know is that right now I'd give almost anything to know what's going on in that mind of hers. 

But I don't want to just sit here and wait. I don't want to pressure her but all I've been wanting to do from the second that our lips separated has been to kiss her again. And that desire seems to be stronger than any other emotion coursing through my body right now

Before I know it, I stand up from the bed and start making my way to her and consequently, she presses her back against the door realizing that there is nowhere else for her to go.  I lift my hand put one on each side of her head pinning her against the door. I carefully press my body against hers and I can hear her breathing become unsteady. 

As I lean in slowly, I feel my heartbeat increase. 

The air became thick as the anticipation increased, but I wasn't going to kiss her. As much as I wanted to, I needed to be sure she wanted this too so I leaned in as close as I could and taking advantage of the fact that she didn't answer any of my questions I mumble against her lips