Ch 14-A Misunderstanding

"Pathetic" I mumble to myself.

I feel completely and utterly pathetic.

Throughout the majority of my life, I would make fun of people who did things like this. But here I am standing in the middle of my bedroom looking down at the letter I wrote her.

A buzzing sound caused me to look at my phone which had a message from my cousin on the screen that read.

You better not pussy out on me bro- Javi

I chuckled and looked down at the letter one more time.

"A fucking love letter," I say to myself as I shake my head.

I have never been the kind of person to do this but it became evident to me from the moment that Camila and I kissed, that I am more than willing to act pathetic for her. The girl has me in the palm of her hand and I'm not even sure she's aware of it. 

Javier and I were on the phone the entire car ride to her place since he and Normani came up with this idea. Introducing him to my friends was a blast but he and Dinah got along way too well for anyone's liking.

They are the king and queen of shade and inappropriate jokes.

While I spent half of the car ride saying this was a bad idea and the other half I was hearing Javi tell me that Jauregui's are no punks, somewhere in the in between I built up the courage to do it.  I am now parked in front of her house knowing that at 11 pm her mom and little sister are probably fast asleep. Camila and I usually texted beyond this time and though that hasn't been happening recently I'm willing to bet she's still awake. 

It takes me a few minutes to get myself together and ready to exit my car, but before I do so I decide to read the letter one more time

Dear Camila 

A black and white striped dress. 

That's what you were wearing the first time I saw you. I remember it distinctly because my heart stopped for a second, or that's how it felt. There are moments of impact in everyone's life, a moment in time when your life is changed. That was one of them for me though I didn't know it yet. 

Listen, I've never been good with speaking about my feelings. All I want is for you to know that I care enough about you to fight to keep you in my life, if you would allow me to. I'll give you all the time that you need to process what happened and decide what you want to happen. Just know that if you decide you just be friends I will be okay with that but if you decide that you want to stop time again meet me in front of the abandoned church that leads to the tree house entrance on Friday night at 10 pm. 

I'll be waiting 

No matter what 

-Love, Lauren

I decide that this is about as good as it's going to get for me and in one thoughtless motion I exit the car with the letter folded up in one hand and a rose in the other. 

If I remember correctly from the tour her mom gave me, her window will be the second one on the right side of the house. Without allowing myself the opportunity to think about this twice I knock on the window and notice a moving figure inside. 

The darkness made it difficult to see her clearly but I could still tell it was exactly who I came here to see. 

I knocked once more noticing she headed towards her bedroom door and felt my heart drop the moment her silhouette turned in my direction.