Reader X Ace "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Arsonist?"

You groaned as the sound of your annoying ass alarm clock going off and immediately swung your head up to glare at the small digits flashing in your face with extraordinary volume.

'5:30' This was sooo not your day, nope, you could just feel all the little bad omens hovering around you and mocking every move and breath you take, yep that's life for ya.

First you had to find out the hard way that your best friend was dropping all of their attention all over their new soulmate, now leaving you all alone and bored like a little old hermit with only rocks for pets and comfort..

Just another reason to hate soulmates...

1. Everyone you know is totally going sickeningly gaga over them.

2. They're soooo overrated.

3. You'll never have one, and if you ever did they'd probably feel repulsed instead of attracted to you, and because of these three facts you were a complete 'no soulmate' zone.

Finally shutting off that terrible beeping by throwing the clock and repeatedly tossing everything close by at it, you reluctantly tore yourself out of the soft fluffy bed and changed out of your fluffy pajamas while simultaneously brushing your hair free from tangles with your fingers.

Once you were out the door you were wearing a black t-shirt with the words, 'I'm sarcastic and I know it' in bold white, covered by a comfortable black sweatshirt with a pair of comfy black jogging pants and combat boots that matched your (H/C) hair which was in a (H/L) ponytail.

You weren't a goth nor were you a mischievous hooligan looking for jail time, it was just really cold out and you read somewhere that wearing black made you warmer than wearing white or pink or whatever.

Seeing the sun up in the sky made you lightly smile as you walked faster down the busy sidewalk, the breeze was not at all chilling, the sun was giving you just the right amount of warmth and the clouds weren't annoyingly scare either like they were every other day.

Guess you had a very good feeling about today after all, for once in your unfortunate existence, maybe things might go well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace laughed along with the boisterous group as they walked down the barren street, scaring the crap out of anyone nearby and frightening every recognizable character from the underworld back to the hole they crawled out of.

He wasn't given the position of Whitebeard's second street gang leader for nothing, his mera mera powers pretty much sent all criminal rivals running for the hills from his unbearable heat, bunch o' wusses.

Marco was strolling beside him with Thatch telling a long, complicated joke until suddenly, Ace stopped in place and looked to the west, feeling something immediately change within him.

Ace's POV

'W-what's that?...'

For some reason I felt something in my gut telling me that something important that I had to find was nearby...it feels weird...but, whatever it is it's getting farther away...I don't like that, it's making me feel...weaker...almost like I was getting hurt.

Finally I noticed Thatch trying to get my attention as I reluctantly looked at him as my senses screamed at me to go find that thing, making feel like it was irreplaceable.

"W-what was that again Thatch?" Strange...my head feels kinda fuzzier the farther it gets, and it kinda stings now too, am I dying or something?

Marco grabbed ahold of my shoulders and softly shook me when I noticed my legs kinda moved a bit on their own into the thing's direction, what the hell is happening!?