Reader X Killer "Chase You Down"

Okay, I'm making this a lemon because why the hell not? You've been warned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crashing violently into a brick wall, you were momentarily stunned by the impact before you ran around the many fearful people scattering around the room, trampling over each other like bulldozers.

With the darkness of the area, you were thankful for the colored flashing lights providing you with vision good enough that you could at least make out the basic outlines of various objects.

Struggling to get to the door and scatter with the crowd, a body was suddenly flung your way, making you scream in hysterical shock when it landed right in front of you unannounced.

Seeing the deep stab wound pouring blood, you stumbled back, unable to turn your eyes away from the unfortunate stripper's body, through your fear you were almost unable to hear the wails of pain and fear amongst the loud music and the bustling of the crowd.

Barely able to keep yourself from getting trampled, you used your gun to shoot the lights- yes it made you blind as a bat, but it also kept your pursuer from locating you as well.

And that was priority.

In the darkness being only interrupted by the short moments of light provided by the opening and closing door, you used that moment to force yourself through the crowd and rush off into the night, far, far away from the underground nightclub.

Yanking on your officer coat, you pulled out your talkie and called up the other cops who were inside with you, "yo, yo, fuckers hear me? The mission is off, I repeat the mission is off, we need to regroup at the station on Dawn Crossing and report the higher ups with the information we've been able to discover so far, this is too dangerous for the eight of us alone" receiving nothing but static on their end, you continued to run anyway.

You hoped at least some of them were alive- so you could beat their asses later for being such reckless shits.

But you didn't have time to worry, you couldn't waste your time with running all the way back for the car when you didn't even have the keys, so you better run as fast as you can to the station thirty minutes away- by car.

Although your vision was blurred with messy tears and an aching feeling in your chest almost crippled you, nothing stopped you from getting to that station.

Even if you greatly suffered inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stubbornly dragging your exhausted body to stumble down the sidewalk, you felt your aching head feel elated seeing the bright lights of the small police station.

In fact you felt so happy you could almost bring yourself to run- without realizing it at first you found yourself actually running, you felt a smile mold into your sore, red cheeks, you felt so happy seeing the station become closer, and closer, it was almost making your eyes see through rose colored lenses.

The station, everything was going to be fine once you made it to the station- suddenly you froze once your hand made contact with the door handle, and a dark feeling of horror dropped into your gut.

Taking a hesitant step away from the door, you forcefully removed your hand that didn't want to cooperate.

Something was wrong, you shouldn't be feeling so happy seeing the station, true the station meant a safety of some kind, but your body hasn't met rest in a good while, you were sore and tired, yet just seeing the station woke you up like some fairytale? No, the only thing that could possibly do this was-