Reader X Sabo "The Town Scrooge"

Sabo, the second in command of the secret revolutionary organization that hid within the shadows of the town, he was so explosive yet so sweet and reserved, and he was also scary as shit when he got pissed off.

He was your soulmate, but you planned on never confronting him about it, never ever, in a million years, even after death.

He was beautiful, perfect, so nice, and with such a pretty smile, but you weren't like that, you hated kids, you hated sweets, but only him you absolutely loved.

Of course everyone knew you too, all the people in this town thought of you as some terrible scrooge, and no doubt Sabo thought so as well, you were literally known as the crappy bitch who lived away from everyone else.

He'd be disgusted, revolted even, your life would be torn apart being so utterly rejected by such a perfect soul.

So what's wrong with constantly dreaming of what could be and live a life where none of you are disappointed, instead of you dealing with constant heartache and him having to know that he has you as a soulmate, being forever forced to never have the girl he deserves so rightfully deserves?

It was a perfect solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sighed in content as you pushed your shopping cart down the isle, pausing at the end and picking up a can of soup with a blonde smiling figure on the label.

It looked kinda like...him.

With a small gasp, you fumbled with the can, and shoved it back onto the shelf with a spooked expression on your face, thinking about him was a bad idea.

No, no, no, you couldn't think of him, you can't get distracted, you can't long for him, you can't think of his sexy face, or his adorable eyes, or his strangely sexy scar, or his hot bod.

With a long sad sigh, you finally reached the cash out and handed the now glaring woman a bag of milk, a bottle of sensitive sunscreen and a new frying pan since your other one has gone to complete shit after smacking that guy with it yesterday.

She gave you a nasty glare as the items slowly dragged across the conveyor belt, well this just got awkward, "well...well...well, if it ain't the town's scrooge, (L/N)....(Y/N), an even bigger bitch than the town rat and even creepier than the observatory hermit" she darkly mummered.

The dark glare only increased when you slowly gave her an indifferent middle finger and tiredly smirked when her face became absolutely bright red with rage, oh well, looks like a fight's about to break out.

"Why you!-" "Everyone freeze!"

Everyone left scattered around in the store panicked and screamed at the sight, right before you was a masked terrorist with a large rifle at the front door.

You instantly raised your hands in surrender and remained silent, but the other woman did the exact opposite.

"Oh no you don't!" With a flying kick, she sprouted speckled grey wings on her back and attacked the masked man with an enraged shout as a small, hooked beak formed over her lips.

But the fight didn't last long.

With a loud bang, the girl crumpled onto the ground leaving you to shout in horror as a sickening red liquid began to pool around where her head lied.

She was freaking dead.

Refusing to look at the disturbingly grisly sight, you turned away and allowed the man to heard you with the others into the center of the store like a group of cattle.

As he forced you all to sit there in silence, you curled up into a tight ball and held your breath, maybe this was some kind of bad dream it was all just a very bad nightmare...

Boom "ack!-"

Boom "ah!-"

The sound of bodies falling met your ears, instantly making you shiver and shake with fear, curses! Why did you have to be born a normal!? Why couldn't you emit fire like that Ace kid and Sabo? Or control people like that infamously sadistic pink bird guy with the glasses and coat? Or even make things super slow like that weird fox dude? You'd wish you had anything at this point, if it could save your life, then you'd take it.

After the last body fell, you were all that was left, the last one to die at the hands of this relentless, non negotiable killer, but with what little bravery or foolish hope you had left, you looked him in the eye with a burning fire of hatred.

"Fuck you" the growl was most likely the last words you would ever say, and that was fine with you, you were going to go down the hateful person you were shaped to be, you didn't want to die any other way.

But before he pulled the trigger, a jet of fire appeared from out of nowhere and hit the terrorist's hand, causing him to release the gun in pain, instantly pulling his injured appendage to his chest.

With a bellowing cry he backed off just before..holy shit, freaking Sabo, landed right in front of him...but he looked different from what you've seen before.

He looked so freaking mad, enraged even, his scowl could even silence a crying toddler in fright and teach that Doflamingo a new thing or two, this was a whole new side to him that you never even considered even once, he was undeniably, unbelievably, absolutely pissed beyond comprehension.

"How dare you point that at miss (L/N)!" He growled.

With a deep frown, Sabo gave the man a flaming punch to the gut, so hard that it blew him out of the building and though a giant glass window, making small fragments crash down on him and slice open several spots on his skin.

You shook in fear at the pissed revolutionary, were you possibly next? Was he possibly in a dangerously destructive mood like that Eustass fellow you constantly hear about in the papers?

Oh god this was it, death by your soulmate's hands, damn, nobody has ever killed their own soulmate before, shit your death was going to go all over the news if people found out the connection you shared, fuck that! You didn't want your own demise to be spread out like some gossip story!

But instead of harming you like you so gravelly expected, he turned to you and gently picked you up bridle style before he gave you one of his charming grins that softened your stone cold heart, "I'm sorry I'm late...my soulmate" oh wait what?

You paused in alarm before feeling frustrated tears escape your glassy orbs, "you..you..knew?" How long? Was he mad? Why wasn't he scowling at you and calling you names? Oh damn.

Giving you an apologetic stare, he finally began to move by strolling out of the giant broken glass window, giving you a gentle kiss on the forehead, "just now actually...I'm sorry I didn't know before now, I would've loved to have this meeting in different circumstances- er, well especially under different circumstances actually" glancing back at your assailant.

Looking into his calm blue eyes, you did something you never thought you would, curling into his embrace, tears cascaded down your cheeks before desperately whispering, "never ever leave me" you couldn't see his expression, but you still felt his arms tighten around you.