Reader X Mihawk "Stitching Up The Lonely Hearts"

Mihawk's POV

I sighed as I lowered my dull gaze to the city below me from my old mansion on the northern mountain side, where nothing grew or prospered except more and more freezing snow.

A thick fog rolled around the busy, colored landscape underneath me, making me huff at their meaningless rushing, despite all my efforts, the aged wine that I sipped still didn't taste anything better than bland and tasteless water.

Perhaps my taste-buds were finally loosing their touch.

Oh how I longed for something to change me- change something in the least, to change all of this even, my life that never gave me anything fruitful or pleasant aside from my success, the life that had me escape out here to just find some tranquility away from the dozens of fools on this planet.

Especially that Redhair.

The darkness always surrounded me and kept the warm light at bay- just how I preferred it to, making it elude me and frost over my empathy, my strength in swordsmanship was unrivaled and all worthy competition disappeared long, long ago, while there were few who showed promise, it was easy to tell that they were still far from ready to be considered anything near my league.

My once young and bold self was now transformed as this empty, uncompassionate man who was left into solitude not by being exiled, but by choosing to be elusive.

Honestly the transition wasn't as depressing as others assumed, the bold recklessness of youth never persisted long, and once I was humbled in the art of the blade, everything else just came naturally.

Soulmate city, a place where I once had the smallest of hopes in finding a soulmate and finally ending my eternal yearns for companionship, but alas my dreadful luck, I came up short- having long since passed the time of my prime.

I quickly grew bored of watching the synthetic bright colors flash through the obnoxious and chipper town, but as I turned away I suddenly felt something warm bloom in my chest.

It couldn't possibly be.

It was faint, very faint in fact, but I could just sense the small warmth, like a spark of light made from flint and steel- it ignited, slowly growing in intensity.

Something I just had to have was down there, no, it was a someone, an adrenaline rush that I haven't felt in ages sprung into my veins as I wielded my trusty blade, placing it onto my back and immediately headed for the door.

My soulmate is down there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal POV

You smiled at all the towering buildings standing before you, blinking excitedly, you took the last step out of the airport and wiped a (H/L) hair strand away from your face.

Deciding to move out of your small, cramped apartment and into Soulmate city to live with Shirley had to be the best decision of your life.

You were first introduced to Shirley when someone accidentally gave you the wrong mail, you two kept sending letters to one another, Shirley kept telling you how amazing Soulmate city was and you eventually had to come see it for yourself after seeing that last mail with the pictures.

The buildings were covered in bright flashing screens, the streets were bustling with citizens everywhere, and shops of all kinds were spotted everywhere!

You caught sight of a teenage girl with short orange hair, alone in a cab waiting for any takers and immediately called her over while clumsily clutching your luggage.