Reader X Ichiji "Appreciation"

"So are you all raring to go for karaoke night?" Hearing the girls hum on the phone, you smiled as you searched through your closet.

"Everyone's probably gonna get wasted before we all even get our turns" you nodded with a sarcastic look on your face.

"Awww, wouldn't it be awesome to run into my soulmate there? Think about it- romantic meet up at night with the passion of music surrounding us, we get closer- the microphone shared between us-" "would you quit it with these fantasies of your's (BF/N)?"

Rolling your eyes as the girls began a lighthearted argument, you beamed at the leather jacket you found hanging near the back.

"Yes- this is perfect!" Smiling happily down at the leather material, you scooped up the phone and grinned, "it's eight thirty guys! Don't be late!"

Hearing them all bid you farewell, you cut the group call and tucked your phone away.

Grabbing the television remote, you flicked the screen on and allowed the news to stream through, subconsciously paying attention to the announcements as you scrapped through your drawers for a matching top.

"-erma 66 has taken out yet another crime ring along with the authorities involved-" gasping at the news, you lunged for the remote and cranked up the volume, keeping your full attention to the photos taken of the aftermath.

Shrieking loudly seeing a mugshot of the Vinsmokes pop up, you clasped your hands together in excitement and felt overjoyed seeing the grins on their faces.

You were in fact a loyal Germa fan.

A little while ago when the 'soulmate wars' were just beginning to settle down a little, during a really bad turf war near your home, you got caught in the crossfire and nearly died, if the Vinsmokes didn't appear and disturb their fight, you wouldn't have been able to sneak off and live to tell the tale.

Unfortunately during such a hectic time, you couldn't properly approach your saviors and thank them face to face- even if that was a safe idea, so ever since then you've shown your appreciation by cheering them on whenever you could.

"Go Germa! I got your back whenever!" Smiling happily, once the reporters moved onto a different topic, you switched the electrical equipment off and glanced at the clock.

'5:10'

Stretching in boredom, you stared off into space outside the window for a while, until you blinked when a course of action hit you.

"Bath.." clumsily marching through the room without really paying attention to your surroundings, you walked out the open door and marched down the broken up stairway.

After that one turf war, every other occupant left the apartment, even the owners jumped ship- or they died, you weren't really certain, essentially the whole building was a ghost town.

But you didn't mind, it was the New World district after all, nobody ever really stayed if they didn't want to get mugged, the district was a cool place to visit if you liked fast paced calamities that came with an adrenaline rush- but it was a terrible place to live for too long.

Though you were an exception to that since you've been here for awhile- although the main reason you stayed was because you didn't have to pay rent to anybody.

Making it outside, you took in a soft breath of smoky air, before making your way to the bathhouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ichiji monotonously viewed the soldiers training below his balcony, each man fought strong and diligently picked out weak points in their opponents- just like they were made to do, just like Ichiji knew they were supposed to do.