Chapter 1 New School New Bullies

Misty-

"Oh... we'll imagine, as I'm pacing the pews in a church corridors and I can't help but to hear no I can't help to hear an exchanging of words" I woke up to the alarm on my phone. I turned my music off and threw the blanket over my face. "Misty! Get up! You don't want to be late for your first day of school, do you?!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I don't wanna get up!" I groaned. "Too bad! Now get ready!" She yelled. I sighed and threw the blanket off of me. Today I start at a new school. It's my first year of high school but I missed the first month of school. I used to go to Tower in Michigan but then my parents divorced and I ended up being with my mom.

We moved here to New Jersey so we could be closer to my grandparents from her side of the family. I sat in front of my vanity mirror and brushed my long wavy brown hair. I had a shower last night so there was no need to bother with that. I picked up my school uniform that was hanging in my closet and scoffed at the mini skirt.

The uniform was a blue blazer with red outlining the collar, white button up shirt, red tie, and finally a grey skirt. Why couldn't I just wear trousers? I sighed and changed out of my pajamas and into my school uniform. Me being so small it was too big on me. I tried to tie the tie but it just ended up a disaster around my neck.

I sighed and walked downstairs for breakfast. My mom was cooking breakfast and her boyfriend was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. "Good morning Misty." He said in his usual strict voice. "Morning Ryan..." (no, it's not Ryan Ross...) I greeted. "Good morning!" He corrected. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a piece of toast.

He is such an ass, I can't believe my mom is going out with him. "You excited for your first day of school?" My mom asked with enthusiasm. I just shrugged. "Not too thrilled about the whole uniform thing, but I guess I'm ready." I replied. Ryan scoffed. "You most certainly are not ready! Your tie isn't even on right! It's completely sloppy! Fix it now!" He barked. I rolled my eyes and looked at mom.

She gave me a sad smile. "I'll fix it for you hun." She said. I nodded and we both went upstairs into my room. "Mom, why are you dating that guy? He's a jerk!" I asked and she fixed up my tie. "I know Ryan can be a bit strict at times, but you need to understand that he's keeping us safe. Ya know, New Jersey is very dangerous." Mom explained as she finished tying my tie for me the right way.

"Safe? Mom you need to understand that just because he's a cop doesn't mean he can keep us safe. You need to understand that maybe it's a little too soon for you to be having a boyfriend already. It hasn't even been a month yet since you dad divorced. A-and you just met this guy! You don't know what he's really like." I argued and mom sighed.

"Look, I'm not having this discussion with you Misty. Now get your shoes on. Ryan is going to drop you off at school." She said, sounding strict. I angrily laughed and shook my head. "I'm not getting into a car with that guy. I'll walk to school." I scoffed. Mom sighed and shook her head. I picked up my book bag, put my all black convers on and walked downstairs.

I saw Ryan downstairs eating all the breakfast my mom was cooking earlier. I scoffed and walked out the door. "Pig." I mumbled. He's been coming over everyday for the past two weeks and has been eating all of our food. It was a long walk to school, about an hour, but at least I had my phone so I got to listen to Panic! At The Disco the whole way.

I got to school and there were already students wandering around. They were in groups of popular girls and jocks. The jocks looked at me and snickered. The girls looked at me in disgust. Wow, look at me! I'm making friends already! I shook my head and ignored their stares. They don't even know me and they're already judging me.

I'm wearing the same uniform as the rest of the girls. Is it because I'm not wearing 80 pounds of makeup? Or is it because I'm the new kid? When I got inside there were even more students socializing and having a good time. And by that I mean there were kids taunting and beating up other kids. This one girl ran right into me and knocked me over.

"Watch where you're going you skank!" She spat. This chick was tall, skinny, had long blonde hair, icy blue eyes and wore heavy eye shadow, long fake eye lashes, drawn on eyebrows, and thick red lipstick. "Sorry, but you ran into me." I said as I stood up and brushed myself off. "Watch your mouth slut!" She yelled, pushing me forward and I landed on my butt.

The kids around me laughed and pointed. I got up and ran passed everyone until I was in the office. "Hello there. What do you need?" A lady from behind the counter asked. "Uh I-I need my schedule. I'm new here." I said. "Ah, you must be Misty Brown! Here you go." She beamed. She reached into her desk and handed me my schedule.

"Welcome to Belleville!" She beamed. "Thanks." I said, taking my schedule. "Sweetie what's the matter?" She asked. I hadn't noticed that I was crying up until now. "Oh uh, it's nothing, I just have allergies." I lied, wiping away the tears. She gave me a sad look but shrugged. I left the office and looked at my schedule.

1st hour was home room, 2nd was algebra, 3rd was science, then lunch, 4th hour is history, 5th English, 6th p.e... ew! Finally my last hour was art. My locker was number 435 on the top floor. I pushed passed all the jocks and the preps until I was on the top floor. The hallway was surprisingly empty. I was the only one up here.

It was like a ghost town. It's kind of creepy but at least I'm away from everybody. I came to five sets of lockers that were banged up and there was papers sticking out of them. There was one in the middle that didn't look nearly as bad as the rest. It only had a few dents in it. I looked at the number on the very top and it read "435" my locker.

"Pardon!" A deep voice booms and practically shoved me aside. I let out a startled squeak because I thought I was alone up here. The guy who shoved me was a big looking dude with short blood hair, blue eyes and facial hair. The collar of his button shit was up and his tie was lazily hanging off it. He was opening the locker right next to mine.

He inserted a key into his lock and unlocked his locker. He didn't put anything in it and he didn't get any books out. Instead he got out a black wooden baseball bat. "What the fuck are you looking at?!" He shouted. I immediately looked away and shrugged off him having a bat from possibly him just being on the baseball team.

I started to put in my combination but then noticed the guy practically towering over me. I stopped and looked up at him. I noticed a girl walking up the stairs to the hallway. She froze when she saw us. "Aren't you going to open your locker?" He asked. "Uh, yeah. Can you give me some space please?" I asked.

"Don't tell me what to do!" He yelled, tapping his baseball bat on the palm of his hand. The other girl turned and quickly made a run for it. I gulped and looked down. What the hell is wrong with this psycho? I started putting in my combination again, this time I was hunched over so he wouldn't see the numbers.

I got my locker opened but before I could put my backpack away the guy snatched it from me. I tried to get it back but he held it out of my reach. "Dude come on! I need that!" I whined. "You want it?" He asked. He walked on over to an open window. "Then go get it!" He somewhat yelled before throwing my backpack out the window.

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!" I yelled. I stormed downstairs, pushed passed the obnoxious jocks and blabbering preps, and stormed outside. It's only my first day and school hasn't even started yet and already this school is full of psychos!

A/N: Just for clarification, when I first started writing this, I had no idea who Ryan Ross was. I've never even heard of him before when writing this. When I was trying to decide on a name for the police officer, I just made a quick list of all my male friends and decided on the name Ryan because I thought it was suiting.